The Bird With Batrachotoxin
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Hello, members of the Mario Wiki community! I'm Hooded Pitohui, speaking on behalf of myself and my Vice-Chairperson, Power Flotzo. We're kicking off a new term of the Poll Committee, as we've outlined here. We have some plans to try and make the Poll Committee run more smoothly this year, and to make it a good starting point for anyone looking to get more involved in community projects. Of course, we also have some polls to make and an Awards Analysis to deliver!

To that end, we need a team of seven hard-working, interested members to make up the committee with us, and we're asking you all to apply to join the team. If you're interested, please send at least me, but preferably me and Power Flotzo, a private message with an application containing the following information:

• A brief introduction explaining who you are, what you've done around the community
  • A brief statement on why you're interested in applying
  • And, most importantly, a unique sample poll idea, relevant to Mario, Nintendo, or the wider videogame industry, that isn't already covered by the Mario Awards.

We'll accept applications until 11:59 PM EDT on Sunday, July 26th. We'll announce the members of the eleventh Poll Committe shortly therafter. Please be sure to send your applications in! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Applications are now closed! I must say, we've recieved some good ones! We'll be taking a few final steps to ensure everything is prepared today, and we'll be announcing the new PC and granting them access to the PC Board by the end of the day.

Thank you all for your interest!

Hello, hello!

Flotzo and I have had an opportunity to review everything and prepare the Poll Committee board, which means we can proudly announce this year's Poll Committee!

Your Eleventh Poll Committee consists of:

Eleventh Poll Committee
  • Hooded Pitohui - Chairperson
  • Power Flotzo - Vice-Chairperson
  • BBQ Turtle
  • Ninja Squid
  • Superchao
  • winstein
  • Luigi 64DD
  • Lakituthequick
  • Goombuigi

I want to offer my sincere thanks to everyone who applied. We received some superb applications this year, which you all will see reflected in the quality of our polls, I'm certain. This is a great team to have working together, and I'm looking quite forward to seeing what they can do.

I've asked Porplemontage to grant you access to the Poll Committee board on the forum and the Poll Committee channel in the Wiki Discord server. You'll receive access to both of these later in the day. There'll be a topic welcoming you to the team, and I suggest you read that first. I'll be around to answer questions and help get you acquainted to anything, so please don't be afraid to reach out!

Poll Committee members right now be like:

CarefreeThirdBetafish-size_restricted.gif

Back