The Bird With Batrachotoxin
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Hooded Pitohui
Hello, all of you readers of The 'Shroom! I'm here to present you with Issue 159 of The 'Shroom! And though our special Dr. Mario issue isn't coming out until next month, there is a ton of content you don't want to miss out on in this issue. We have the Community Awards Dossier (you have remembered to vote in the Awards Polls each week, haven't you?), the results of the Poll Committee's Feedback Survey, a reflection on the 10th Poll Committee's term, the election for the next Poll Chairperson (be sure to run if you are interested!), and our brand-new 'Shroomfest event, where you get to decide who comes out on top in a debate between The 'Shroom staff.

And that's all on top of our usual suite of sections! This month is absolutely packed with content, and I just want to take a moment to reflect on that. The 'Shroom's staff and its writers, the Poll Committee, and the Awards Committee have all worked tirelessly to bring all of this content together in one issue of this paper! Ten Poll Committees, and over ten years of the Awards and The 'Shroom. If all of this content isn't a sign of this community's vibrancy and energy even after all of that time, I don't know what it. Thanks to all of you who contribute to this community, however you may do it. You're the ones who make this place the wonderful slice of the Internet it is. On behalf of everyone who worked on this issue directly or indirectly, I want to express our deepest desire that you enjoy the issue and, hopefully, find some inspiration to contribute to the community in new ways!

And, if nothing else, make sure you contribute to The 'Shroomfest! There's plenty of ways to get involved, whether you have a few seconds or a few minutes, so be sure to make your voice heard!

Last edited:
Reading News Flush

Turf Wars Resume Under Social-Distancing Orders, Discouraging Short-Range Weapons

tfw you mostly use short-range weapons in Splatoon.
tenor.gif

I already gotta deal with hate from baby scrubs who can't handle my Clash. Now the city's tryna cramp my style too?! This order's wack. It's unfair to me and other Clash mains. Clearly the city just wants everyone to use chargers!

Who's this Inkling? I need to get in touch with him, so we can start a revolution against those awful rules against us. I may lose the battle against Fun Stuff, but there is no way I am taking another lost. They will soon understand why I am called the Ninja Squid.

Back