AKG4 Role Tier List

MoonAge

King Bowser
Pronouns
She/her
i'll be updating this sporadically as the game progresses, be sure to check back often

S Tier

A role masterful in its deceptive uses, the Ultimate Patissiere specializes in pastries that bend the game to her will. First off, any dish you bake has a smell so tantalizing, they can mask any other smell that might give away a murder. A first for a food-related role, you're finally allowed to poison these pastries. To be fair, they spoil if not eaten immediately, but if it's not spoiled, the poison's still undetectable, which is frankly quite busted. For the strongest ability, you can make cream puffs that forces anyone who eats one to do a simple command of your choosing (sometimes even lethal, if you're good enough with wording like Fanta was), and it's even appropriately balanced so that it only works on those with a high enough Strength stat. You even have one of the only beneficial Forbidden Actions I've seen; you have to clean up any messes or spills you make, which, while time-consuming, can make your murder scene even more tricky. Very strong start, so far.

Another excellent multi-feature role, the Ultimate Hivemind has access to a variety of special bugs that can cover just about every base; stinging wasps that impairs people's vision so that they're set up for a kill and fleas that can be used to track someone being the key ones. There's other varieties that are less useful, such as ants that can carry heavy objects over a limited distance and is pretty situational, and tarantulas which can stop or slow down people with web fluid but are only good against players with a low enough strength stat and no cutting items, so depending on the night only a few people. You can also use a night to create an incredibly realistic replica of your or another player, but this needs a specific setup to ensure no one sees you making. Ultimately, the main thing keeping this from being S-Tier is the fact that you can do only one of these per night, keeping it from being as chaotic as the Ultimate Pastierre (not to mention your one ability per night could be wasted if, say, your tarantulas attack the wrong person). The most distinct part of this role, though, is that if you die via execution, you can flood an entire floor with your insects, effectively blocking it off to every player. It's the perfect ability; it doesn't benefit you in any way, it's just there to raise hell.
EDIT: since the "only one bug type per night" only looks weak compared to the busted patissiere role and is the only real downside to this role, i've upgraded this from a-tier to s-tier to keep both tiers balanced

The Ultimate Webslinger, obviously modeled off of Spider-Man, is unique in that it's more focused on evading from kills rather than directly killing. It goes without saying that you have web-slinging powers, but seeing as your FA forbids you from killing directly with them, you have to think outside the box and think of other ways to use it besides an easy "haha web slam go thwip". For example, you can hide objects on ceilings where they could go undiscovered longer than usual, or you have the option to block off hallways and redirect a victim's path. You also have excellent mobility tools, as not only can you swing across hallways for added speed, but you can even climb walls and ceilings to the point where you can go between floors without using stairs or the elevator. Finally, you're more than prepared when it comes to self-defense; not only are your webs a free anti-assault tool, but your Spider Sense basically makes any projectiles a non-issue. Overall, a versatile role that would leave your opponents baffled.

A Tier

As the Ultimate Witch, you get to conduct up to 1 (one) ritual per night and one (1) per day. During the night, you can use the Ritual of Warding to protect yourself from one melee attack per night and even one melee attempt per game. This does weaken your already measly strength and stamina, but it's a worthy tradeoff for an ability that can usually only used once per game. The Ritual of Hexing is less beneficial to you, as not only do you need to extract someone's DNA first, but all it does it lowers some of their stats and screws with one of their role-specific night actions, which isn't so useful if you don't know what said role is. As for the day, a Ritual of Divination can tell you where a small object came from and some people who might have handled it, though you can only find out the night after the object is made known, making it not as relevant to murders unless you have a very strong feeling it'll be used for a future attempt. By far the niftiest ability, though, is the Ritual of Possession, which lets you reenact an action a dead player submitted, a godsend for investigations. A rather hit and miss role, but when it hits, it reaaaaally hits.

The Ultimate Shade, based on Hollow Knight's gameplay system, can improve her own Strength and Speed stats by drawing blood or striking people unconscious. Killing someone will instantly bring these stats to their maximum values, and while it does bring a good reason to kill beyond night incentives, it's a much riskier bet than simply knocking someone out 3 times, and on that end, it's a great way to make your stats solid. In addition, each night you can Focus to either heal your wounds, basically erasing any evidence of a struggle during a kill or otherwise letting you do things for a set-up that would leave an obvious mark on your body, or revitalizing your Stamina, basically giving you the option of two nights' worth of actions in one (somewhat arbitrary considering how much I don't care for the Stamina mechanic). Lastly, You can use your Shade Cloak to move at brisk speeds virtually invisibly, obviously very convenient for transportation. The one thing I'm confused by, which seems to be the most major part of this role, is your Shade; if you enter a fight with someone, you leave behind this shadow thing in the same room that holds all of your shares, and it disappears along with them if you don't retrieve it by the end of the following night. I guess this is a way to balance your stat-enhancing attack abilities, but it seems rather pointless when all it takes to collecting it back is an addendum of "if I ever attack in self-defense or vice versa, I search the room to get my Shade back once the dust has settled." It's that simple, and it would only ever really be a problem if you're knocked out for the rest of the night. Regardless, the other abilities are more than enough to make this a non-issue, and it's a commendable attempt to emulate a game's style.

The Ultimate Vandal is modeled after an Inkling, being able to shoot ink that can cover up other surfaces, hide details on objects, and slow down other players, resulting in a good multitool. Even better, you're allowed to forge details like blood or environmental damage, certainly nothing new but is almost always a great deception tactic for murders and can be used many different ways. You can also hide in ink puddles, but this part of Splatoon is so well known that it might as well not make a difference to players (that's the curse that comes with these character-based roles, it seems), unless you have a way to hide or remove the puddle. Lastly, your FA, coming into contact with any sort of water, actually sounds pretty dangerous, but it's only if it touches the skin, so any sort of all-encompassing outfit can just bypass this altogether. All of this combined with a very balanced stat sheet makes for a damn fine role to have.

B Tier

Let's see, how do I describe this...The Ultimate Death specializes in Lines of Death, which is somewhat comparable to aura. By far the most useful application of this is cutting someone's Lines to cripple them for the rest of the game, such as afflicting them with blindness or a broken leg; it's true that they have to be in your line of sight, but it can be from far enough away that you wouldn't even be suspected for it. This is also extended to objects, which can be destroyed and even extends to locked doors, but this is where the unquestionably good abilities end. First off, you're not going to get to use this role much. It only activates the next night if you see a dead body/murder in action or if you survive being attempted on, but the former is surprisingly uncommon, and the latter...well honestly, in the nearly dozen Killing Games I've been in, I've only survived one attempt, so basically, it's hard to make any plans with this role. You're also weak as sin, with a strength stat of 1 and a special weakness to cuts and bruises. Normally, this would make melee kills less than ideal, but there is an ability specially designed around them: by engaging in battle with someone and weakening them, you can cut their Line of Death to kill them instantly. It's not much different from simply stabbing someone to death, but it does have the benefits of not having to pick up a weapon somewhere and, most notably, always being a guaranteed kill. Buuuuut that doesn't mean you can't get seriously hurt in the process (which can admittedly be mitigated if you attempt on someone you crippled earlier), and you still leave behind evidence, such as injuries sustained during the fight. ALSO, using any of these abilities causes you to randomly forget chunks of your results, bearing in mind that a testimony during a night where you murdered must seem as clear as possible, and your FA is lying at all about a fight that results in someone's death. I can't deny that all of these abilities not related to murdering are welcome, but killing with this role yields too many risks for the sake of a guaranteed kill.

ltq died for min min's sin sins

The Ultimate Heavyweight, based on a character from ARMS, has the power of slinky toy arms, allowing him to strike people from a distance. Long-punching isn't that useful by itself in a game where unarmed kills are frowned upon (I guess you can knock a player into something with this?), and using a weapon is really no different than throwing it, except with slightly more accuracy. I feel the main use in this comes from physically putting yourself away from a kill as much as possible, though it's questionable how well this can work when it's only a room away. In terms of other physical buffs, you can carry any object in the game with no problem (not very discrete, but it is the best strength stat in the game), and you can grab any grabbable surface and pull yourself towards it, which is a legitimately good movement option, though maybe not as good as the Ultimate Shade's more stealthy dash. Lastly, you're extremely skilled during combat, as long as they're on the short side, but really, the only times fighting really comes up is if the person you attempt on uses self-defense (even then, triggering a fight from that is rare considering this is a range-based role) or during the Endgame where traditional attempts aren't used. This isn't as creative as most of the other roles so far, but there's nothing inherently wrong with it.

The Ultimate Yakuza can choose from one of three styles at the start of each night: Melee, which gives you added power with hand-to-hand combat and weapons along with a higher kill success percentage if you attempt with a katana; Projectile, which grants you greater accuracy with...well, projectile weapons; and Stealth, which boosts your ability to hide and conceal considerably. These are all decent abilities to have, but it doesn't take away from the fact that it's a rather uninspired kit, especially when the character this role is based on, O-Ren Ishii from Kill Bill, only really demonstrates the Strength style. For what it's worth, something that's more unique for this role is being able to call in a group of bodyguards to completely take up a room, rendering it inaccessible and can be used for some nifty detour kills, and the FA, killing in any way that isn't direct, at least pushes you to go outside your comfort zone and adjust your playstyle without actively hindering it.

C Tier

The Ultimate Neocowboy....isn't really adapt at any of his abilities, actually. Once per night, you can fire a shot from a projectile weapon that's guaranteed to hit your target, though generally, a miss isn't all that rare unless it's a moving target, for whatever reason. You have flash bangs, but it only affects one player for whatever reason and can't be used two nights in a row. You're effective against robot-type roles, but there's only 2 or 3 of them in the whole game. But hey, you ARE good at riding things....however you can use that, anyway. Jack of all trades, master of none.

D Tier

Let Neptune strike ye dead GBAToad! HAAARK! HARK, POOCHY! HARK! Bellow, bid our father the Sea King rise from the depths full foul in his fury! Black waves teeming with salt foam to smother this young mouth with pungent slime, to choke ye, engorging your organs til' ye turn blue and bloated with bilge and brine and can scream no more -- only when he, crowned in cockle shells with slitherin' tentacle tail and steaming beard take up his fell be-finned arm, his coral-tine trident screeches banshee-like in the tempest and plunges right through yer gullet, bursting ye -- a bulging bladder no more, but a blasted bloody film now and nothing for the harpies and the souls of dead sailors to peck and claw and feed upon only to be lapped up and swallowed by the infinite waters of the Dread Emperor himself -- forgotten to any man, to any time, forgotten to any god or devil, forgotten even to the sea, for any stuff for part of GBAToad, even any scantling of your soul is GBAToad no more, but is now itself the sea!

thanks for reading etc

Last edited:
I was not meant for so much power

Reactions: GBA
A Tier: Ultimate Hivemind (Shy Guy on Wheels)

Another excellent multi-feature role, the Ultimate Hivemind has access to a variety of special bugs that can cover just about every base; stinging wasps that impairs people's vision so that they're set up for a kill and fleas that can be used to track someone being the key ones. There's other varieties that are less useful, such as ants that can carry heavy objects over a limited distance and is pretty situational, and tarantulas which can stop or slow down people with web fluid but are only good against players with a low enough strength stat and no cutting items, so depending on the night only a few people. You can also use a night to create an incredibly realistic replica of your or another player, but this needs a specific setup to ensure no one sees you making. Ultimately, the main thing keeping this from being S-Tier is the fact that you can do only one of these per night, keeping it from being as chaotic as the Ultimate Pastierre (not to mention your one ability per night could be wasted if, say, your tarantulas attack the wrong person). The most distinct part of this role, though, is that if you die via execution, you can flood an entire floor with your insects, effectively blocking it off to every player. It's the perfect ability; it doesn't benefit you in any way, it's just there to raise hell.

A Tier: Ultimate Shade (Zange)

The Ultimate Shade, based on Hollow Knight's gameplay system, can improve her own Strength and Speed stats by drawing blood or striking people unconscious. Killing someone will instantly bring these stats to their maximum values, and while it does bring a good reason to kill beyond night incentives, it's a much riskier bet than simply knocking someone out 3 times, and on that end, it's a great way to make your stats solid. In addition, each night you can Focus to either heal your wounds, basically erasing any evidence of a struggle during a kill or otherwise letting you do things for a set-up that would leave an obvious mark on your body, or revitalizing your Stamina, basically giving you the option of two nights' worth of actions in one (somewhat arbitrary considering how much I don't care for the Stamina mechanic). Lastly, You can use your Shade Cloak to move at brisk speeds virtually invisibly, obviously very convenient for transportation. The one thing I'm confused by, which seems to be the most major part of this role, is your Shade; if you enter a fight with someone, you leave behind this shadow thing in the same room that holds all of your shares, and it disappears along with them if you don't retrieve it by the end of the following night. I guess this is a way to balance your stat-enhancing attack abilities, but it seems rather pointless when all it takes to collecting it back is an addendum of "if I ever attack in self-defense or vice versa, I search the room to get my Shade back once the dust has settled." It's that simple, and it would only ever really be a problem if you're knocked out for the rest of the night. Regardless, the other abilities are more than enough to make this a non-issue, and it's a commendable attempt to emulate a game's style.

B Tier: Ultimate Heavyweight (Lakituthequick)

ltq died for min min's sin sins

The Ultimate Heavyweight, based on a character from ARMS, has the power of slinky toy arms, allowing him to strike people from a distance. Long-punching isn't that useful by itself in a game where unarmed kills are frowned upon (I guess you can knock a player into something with this?), and using a weapon is really no different than throwing it, except with slightly more accuracy. I feel the main use in this comes from physically putting yourself away from a kill as much as possible, though it's questionable how well this can work when it's only a room away. In terms of other physical buffs, you can carry any object in the game with no problem (not very discrete, but it is the best strength stat in the game), and you can grab any grabbable surface and pull yourself towards it, which is a legitimately good movement option, though maybe not as good as the Ultimate Shade's more stealthy dash. Lastly, you're extremely skilled during combat, as long as they're on the short side, but really, the only times fighting really comes up is if the person you attempt on uses self-defense (even then, triggering a fight from that is rare considering this is a range-based role) or during the Endgame where traditional attempts aren't used. This isn't as creative as most of the other roles so far, but there's nothing inherently wrong with it.

B+ Tier: Ultimate Death (Alex95)

Let's see, how do I describe this...The Ultimate Death specializes in Lines of Death, which is somewhat comparable to aura. By far the most useful application of this is cutting someone's Lines to cripple them for the rest of the game, such as afflicting them with blindness or a broken leg; it's true that they have to be in your line of sight, but it can be from far enough away that you wouldn't even be suspected for it. This is also extended to objects, which can be destroyed and even extends to locked doors, but this is where the unquestionably good abilities end. First off, you're not going to get to use this role much. It only activates the next night if you see a dead body/murder in action or if you survive being attempted on, but the former is surprisingly uncommon, and the latter...well honestly, in the nearly dozen Killing Games I've been in, I've only survived one attempt, so basically, it's hard to make any plans with this role. You're also weak as sin, with a strength stat of 1 and a special weakness to cuts and bruises. Normally, this would make melee kills less than ideal, but there is an ability specially designed around them: by engaging in battle with someone and weakening them, you can cut their Line of Death to kill them instantly. It's not much different from simply stabbing someone to death, but it does have the benefits of not having to pick up a weapon somewhere and, most notably, always being a guaranteed kill. Buuuuut that doesn't mean you can't get seriously hurt in the process (which can admittedly be mitigated if you attempt on someone you crippled earlier), and you still leave behind evidence, such as injuries sustained during the fight. ALSO, using any of these abilities causes you to randomly forget chunks of your results, bearing in mind that a testimony during a night where you murdered must seem as clear as possible, and your FA is lying at all about a fight that results in someone's death. I can't deny that all of these abilities not related to murdering are welcome, but killing with this role yields too many risks for the sake of a guaranteed kill.

A Tier: Ultimate Witch (Eleven)

As the Ultimate Witch, you get to conduct up to 1 (one) ritual per night and one (1) per day. During the night, you can use the Ritual of Warding to protect yourself from one melee attack per night and even one melee attempt per game. This does weaken your already measly strength and stamina, but it's a worthy tradeoff for an ability that can usually only used once per game. The Ritual of Hexing is less beneficial to you, as not only do you need to extract someone's DNA first, but all it does it lowers some of their stats and screws with one of their role-specific night actions, which isn't so useful if you don't know what said role is. As for the day, a Ritual of Divination can tell you where a small object came from and some people who might have handled it, though you can only find out the night after the object is made known, making it not as relevant to murders unless you have a very strong feeling it'll be used for a future attempt. By far the niftiest ability, though, is the Ritual of Possession, which lets you reenact an action a dead player submitted, a godsend for investigations. A rather hit and miss role, but when it hits, it reaaaaally hits.

A Tier: Ultimate Vandal (Shygul)

The Ultimate Vandal is modeled after an Inkling, being able to shoot ink that can cover up other surfaces, hide details on objects, and slow down other players, resulting in a good multitool. Even better, you're allowed to forge details like blood or environmental damage, certainly nothing new but is almost always a great deception tactic for murders and can be used many different ways. You can also hide in ink puddles, but this part of Splatoon is so well known that it might as well not make a difference to players (that's the curse that comes with these character-based roles, it seems), unless you have a way to hide or remove the puddle. Lastly, your FA, coming into contact with any sort of water, actually sounds pretty dangerous, but it's only if it touches the skin, so any sort of all-encompassing outfit can just bypass this altogether. All of this combined with a very balanced stat sheet makes for a damn fine role to have.

B Tier/Higher C Tier: Ultimate Yakuza (SMG2Daisy)

The Ultimate Yakuza can choose from one of three styles at the start of each night: Melee, which gives you added power with hand-to-hand combat and weapons along with a higher kill success percentage if you attempt with a katana; Projectile, which grants you greater accuracy with...well, projectile weapons; and Stealth, which boosts your ability to hide and conceal considerably. These are all decent abilities to have, but it doesn't take away from the fact that it's a rather uninspired kit, especially when the character this role is based on, O-Ren Ishii from Kill Bill, only really demonstrates the Strength style. For what it's worth, something that's more unique for this role is being able to call in a group of bodyguards to completely take up a room, rendering it inaccessible and can be used for some nifty detour kills, and the FA, killing in any way that isn't direct, at least pushes you to go outside your comfort zone and adjust your playstyle without actively hindering it.

S Tier: Ultimate Webslinger (John Denver Fan)

The Ultimate Webslinger, obviously modeled off of Spider-Man, is unique in that it's more focused on evading from kills rather than directly killing. It goes without saying that you have web-slinging powers, but seeing as your FA forbids you from killing directly with them, you have to think outside the box and think of other ways to use it besides an easy "haha web slam go thwip". For example, you can hide objects on ceilings where they could go undiscovered longer than usual, or you have the option to block off hallways and redirect a victim's path. You also have excellent mobility tools, as not only can you swing across hallways for added speed, but you can even climb walls and ceilings to the point where you can go between floors without using stairs or the elevator. Finally, you're more than prepared when it comes to self-defense; not only are your webs a free anti-assault tool, but your Spider Sense basically makes any projectiles a non-issue. Overall, a versatile role that would leave your opponents baffled.

C-Tier: Ultimate Neocowboy (Roserade)

The Ultimate Neocowboy....isn't really adapt at any of his abilities, actually. Once per night, you can fire a shot from a projectile weapon that's guaranteed to hit your target, though generally, a miss isn't all that rare unless it's a moving target, for whatever reason. You have flash bangs, but it only affects one player for whatever reason and can't be used two nights in a row. You're effective against robot-type roles, but there's only 2 or 3 of them in the whole game. But hey, you ARE good at riding things....however you can use that, anyway. Jack of all trades, master of none.

Back