Internet problems

Teedgee

wheres the bathroom
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
Toadgamer
So my phone has had this problem for a while.

Long story short, my phone is saying that my phone is connected to the internet, but nothing that requires internet works. For some reason sending and receiving messages on Whatsapp works, and I get notifications from anything (probably the apps taunting me).

I tried several things like using a different connection, disconnecting my phone from the internet, restarting my phone, clearing data, but nothing seems to work. I know it's a problem with my phone and not the internet.

I searched all over websites and Youtube, but I'm not finding anything that helps. The methods I find don't work. The last other method I know is to delete my phone's entire data, but obviously I'm not gonna do that.

Anyone has a solution to the problem? It's getting incredibly tedious having to use other devices to use the internet.

EDIT: btw my phone is an lg k8 in case anyone is wondering.

Have you uninstalled then reinstalled the browser?

Does this happen on mobile data or WiFi? Or both?

Honestly I dunno. My phone tells me that it has full bars and that the signal strength is excellent, but nothing really seems to work. All I can do about this is describe the issue because it just confuses me.

btw I'm pretty much sure the browser is part of the phone, considering it came with it, so I didn't uninstall it.

It's an Android phone so you should be able to go to the Play Store and uninstall / reinstall the browser. Or download another one like Firefox (I presume you use Chrome mobile).

The symbols in the top right of your screen should tell you if you're on WiFi or mobile. WiFi will have the speaker-facing-up icon. Mobile will say 3g, 4g or 5g.

oooookey it just got fixed eventually. A lot of stuff seems to be updated and all that, so I'm assuming that the phone was kinda updating, which might've been the reason for the whole internet issue thing.

Back