The Jr. Troopa Appreciation Thread

SolarBlaze

Guardian of the Sol Emeralds.
Retired Wiki Staff
You know, this little guy?

I think he's one of the best characters in the Paper Mario series. Whenever I played through the first Paper Mario, I would always look forward to fighting with him, since he's such a fun mini-boss to fight. I like him personality-wise, too. You just gotta love the little guy's persistence. No matter how many times he's been beaten by Mario and his partners, he still continues to come back for more, but grows stronger every time. I especially like the parts where he swam after the whale after completing the fifth chapter, along with the part where he made short work of the Koopa Brothers. I was somewhat disappointed to see that he didn't appear as a boss in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. Instead, his role was reduced to a mere cameo appearance, in the background of an e-mail photo. I could name quite a bit of instances where Jr. Troopa would have fit into the game. Like at the beginning of the game, he could have been swimming after the boat when Mario was on his way to Rogueport, he could have appeared at the Glitz Pit after winning one of the other matches (similar to Bowser), or he could have appeared somewhere in the Palace of Shadow.

Yes, I agree. He's too awesome not to have another appearance.

Hopefully he'll be in the next Paper Mario installment.

IMO, another Paper Mario installment should never exist (unless it's a DS port of the original). They should just let the franchise die legendary.

$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
IMO, another Paper Mario installment should never exist (unless it's a DS port of the original). They should just let the franchise die legendary.
A DS sequel might be interesting; combining it's RPG roots with various touch screen features.

One idea that comes to mind is that you can gain special abilities to draw things to help you clear obstacles. (Much like paper airplane, tube, boat, etc.)

I said a port, I don't want any of this new control sh*t that Nintendo feels any game sucks without ruining a great classic.

$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
Now that you mention it, the Famitsu magazine claimed that there was a Paper Mario remake for the DS that was in the making, but that, of course, turned out to be untrue. Because of that, along with their false claim about there being an upcoming Donkey Kong game for the Wii, I no longer believe anything that they have to say.

Yes, then it would die legendary. I don't care what you say, Super Paper Mario was a freaking MASTERPIECE.

Waddle Dee said:
SPM was a good game, just the worst PM.

They're going to make more, because the PM games print money.
Yeah, and it's hard to live up to TTYD on a new system too. They introduced too many new things in SPM and it was too much.

Back on topic Jr. Troopa should have been in your party in TTYD, like maybe you had to fight him and then he would join you party after the game. He could be optional like Ms. Mowz.

SolarBlaze said:
...Why would Jr. Troopa want to join Mario, anyway?
Maybe because he knew that he was too strong and would rather be on his side. Kinda like Lakilester.

Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
SolarBlaze said:
Maybe because he knew that he was too strong and would rather be on his side. Kinda like Lakilester.
Except Jr. Troopa is way cooler than Lakilester and wouldn't do something like that.

$‡¥₲Ú¥27 said:
Luigi+Daisyfan11 said:
SolarBlaze said:
Except Jr. Troopa is way cooler than Lakilester and wouldn't do something like that.
Vivian changed sides too and everyone loves her...but yeah you're right, he probably wouldn't.

Exactly, because Jr. Troopa is probably more determined to destroy Mario than even Bowser.

SolarBlaze said:
Exactly, because Jr. Troopa is probably more determined to destroy Mario than even Bowser.
Yeah, he should be the main antagonist in the next PM game! That would be so cool!

Back