Welcome to SUPER MARIO HAVOC!: A Mario Webcomic ( Pages, Art, Updates +MORE! )

Miitoons

Goomba
arion-rashx-smh-x-header.jpg

tumblr_puurslHtWH1ypbcf5o1_540.png

HEY, PAISANOS!

My name is Arion! I’m an Comic Artist, Animator & Character Designer! I figured I'd share my comic here having done so over on my Twitter ( https://twitter.com/HavocMario ) already.

SUPER MARIO HAVOC! is An Adventure/Comedy comic following Mario & the rest of the Mushroom Kingdom as they race for the mysterious wish-granting Dandelion Sprite!

arion-rashx-profile-pic-post-ver.jpg

Havoc exists as a fun little ode to the Super Mario Franchise with a strong focus on exploring character personalities. Using every iteration of Mario as reference, I want to make it so that every character design conveys the cast’s personalities the moment you look at them!

THE CAST

arion-rashx-mario-profile.jpg

arion-rashx-luigi-profile.jpg

arion-rashx-peach-profile.jpg

arion-rashx-tox-profile.jpg

arion-rashx-koopa-family-profile.jpg

arion-rashx-yoshi-profile.jpg

arion-rashx-daisy-profile.jpg

arion-rashx-wario-profile.jpg

arion-rashx-waluigi-profile.jpg

arion-rashx-rosalina-profile.jpg

arion-rashx-smh-size-chart.jpg

And the roster only gets larger with MORE surprises as the comic goes on! it’s a big ol’ fanservice fest & the comic's official cover & first page was just posted, along with an intro video I made to help give the comic a video game feel!

D8lNzknXUAAashm.jpg

D_cdal5WwAI-95u.jpg

I'm currently working on the next couple of pages now & they'll be posted here ( and everywhere else I've made the comic available ) in a few days! I hope you enjoy my little take on the Mario universe!

If you've got any questions about the comic, please feel free to ask!

Reactions: zel
I want to make it so that every character design conveys the cast’s personalities the moment you look at them!

You did a good job at doing that. I like how you gave each character a much more punchy personality instead of having to glean it from implications in quotes of side games. On your twitter I'm looking at your posts that show your inspirations for each design and that really helps me build more of an understanding, and visualize that they're not one-dimensional. I'm looking forward to updates!

when's kamek

ok can i just say this is so charming and i love it so much!!! im looking forward to it!!
also since i keep seeing the eyes will cappy like. play any part in the story id love that...

You did a good job at doing that. I like how you gave each character a much more punchy personality instead of having to glean it from implications in quotes of side games. On your twitter I'm looking at your posts that show your inspirations for each design and that really helps me build more of an understanding, and visualize that they're not one-dimensional. I'm looking forward to updates!

when's kamek

Thanks so much!! That's one thing I've always found interesting about the Mario franchise- Every character has a clear personality, for the most part! But unless it's a spinoff, you're not gonna get alot of comedic or emotional depth in many other places because Nintendo generally prioritizes gameplay quality over everything else.

We all have a general idea of who these characters are, so I want Havoc to expand upon that in the same way I feel a modern-day Mario cartoon could & have as much fun with it as possible!

P.S. oh he's here too! Ol' grandpa Kamek just likes bein' fashionably late!

Back