Hurt and Heal: Winners edition, volume 17 (starring me)

this should have been up MUCH earlier but I got too busy to post this until now

Congratulations to Banjo & Kazooie for winning volume 17 of the Winners hurt and heal series!

while I'm not going to pretend I wasn't biased in their favor, there are some interesting things to point out here! for starters, one of the bear and bird's games won volume 2 before it became "character"-only, so they'll have the honor of being the only characters to be winners alongside one of their games. additionally, they are the first characters to win a game as a pair. lastly, the timing here ended up being perfect - their inclusion in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was announced exactly one month ago today

here's the updated gallery (credit to MCS):

7VEWlOY.png

additionally, I'm going to go ahead and announce that items will be returning in volume 18

that's pretty much it, see y'all next time :pgp:

Reactions: MCS
I suppose there's a reason MCS didn't participate in his own contest, since his biases might get in the way.

Another thing I noticed is that Banjo & Kazooie is the only team-based character who seems to be eligible, which I attribute it to being the only one who is picked as a pair, unlike a couple of team-based winners and a Sonic-based team. What mystified me is why Banjo Tooie is eligible even though the games only picked characters to participate.

Thank you for reading.

Back