Left Joy-Con problems

London Parris

Retired until further notice
Banned User
MarioWiki
White Lightning
My left Joy-Con isn't working properly. Whenever I leave it on a table or don't move the control stick my character in Dark Souls Remastered moves on his own, in BoTW Link moves on his own when I don't imput a direction. And in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate I have a hard time moving my character. Is there any fix to this issue?

It's a common issue with Joy-Con that I have too. There are two ways to fix it: send them in to Nintendo, or grab a tri-wing screwdriver and open them up and remove the dust in the control stick. I'd recommend doing the latter if your warranty has expired. I'd do the same, but I don't have a tri-wing screwdriver.

I once had this problem, in fact, I'm not even sure if it's fixed! At some point the stick did get fixed on its own, but after a few days it malfunctioned again. However, I had this problem with another Joycon, but I found a way to fix it. Depending on the direction it automatically goes to, hardly hold the Control stick to that direction for a few seconds and it'll get fixed (maybe. It worked with me at least). It only worked with one of the Joycons, so it might not work with you. You can also try-recalibrating it. That works!

Back