Issue 141

Meta Knight

Accepting applications for The 'Shroom
Core 'Shroom Staff
Issue 141 is up! Consider it a present from all of our writers and staff. Happy Holidays, and we wish you a happy smashing! Please enjoy.

Hey look.

As expected, my section has some dialogue icons missing at the beginning. What I get for submitting things too late.

Merry Christmas, 'Shroom staff!

Wait, hold on a minute, how did I win SW Section of the month? I DIDN'T EVEN EDIT THAT ARTICLE.

You know, now that we’re about a week out from the first issue of 2019, I did want to stop in here and say something.

Meta Knight and Superchao, congratulations to both of you on all that you two have accomplished in your past two year and some months term. The two of you have put so much into keeping the quality of The ‘Shroom as well as its spirit, the part that makes it fun and makes it a core piece of this community. I sincerely hope that both of you can look back on this time, even with the unusual circumstances at the beginning, the tribulations of Staff Wikis going down and late sections, and balancing this work with wonderful Interviews and Galactic Expeditions, and feel proud of the work you've done. You all certainly should be able to do so. From special issues, to Community Awards, to The ‘Shroom events of your tenure, to The ‘Shroom KG, and to the new writers and Staff members who’ve grown with your assistance, there are so many great things that have happened since the two of you began leading this project together.

I could go on, but I really did just want to say congratulations and, of course, thank you. Thank you for your work, your dedication, and for sticking with this project in these positions for what really is a comparatively long period. It's always amazing to see this project and the community that surrounds it continue to hum along and grow year after year, and it's possible to see that because of people like you both who want to do the hard work.

As you both see out the end of your time as Director and Sub-Director, I hope you can leave knowing that your time and energy was valuable - evidenced by the quality of The ‘Shroom itself and where it has gone - and greatly appreciated by myself and, I’m certain, the rest of this community.

Thank you both once more, and may you both get some rest!

Back