Have you ever setup a Simple Machines forum before?

With all due respect, I've never installed SMF and don't trust it that much as compared to MyBB.

I've setup of SM forums before, but never online. So, I had Yoshario help me set up a SM forum online; it is now my personal forum known as the "Xephyr Board". It has about 25 members.

Haven't really compared, but I know that in terms of forum software that can be downloaded and installed for free - the three most trust forum systems are:

(1) MyBB
(2) Simple Machines Forum
(3) phpBB

Checked a few others; some have potential while others are like... BLECH!!! o_O

MeritC said:
Haven't really compared, but I know that in terms of forum software that can be downloaded and installed for free - the three most trust forum systems are:

(1) MyBB
(3) phpBB

why mybb? you can't have an arcade with mybb

Yoshario said:
MeritC said:

(1) MyBB
(3) phpBB

why mybb? you can't have an arcade with mybb
The keyword is 'personal preference'. If the forum admin isn't intending to use a forum 'arcade' addon, then they don't have to choose a forum system supporting that.
Stooben Rooben said:
I've setup of SM forums before, but never online. So, I had Yoshario help me set up a SM forum online; it is now my personal forum known as the "Xephyr Board". It has about 25 members.
Speaking of <AWKWARD SEGUE> I just recently setup my SMF forum again. It's mainly just a little subcommunity site (with four active members...) but it's fun to work on.

Back