Gears 5 Concern

Baby Simones

Drink it slow, Doctor's orders
What's up gamers. As we all know Gears 5 was just announced yesterday, and I have one HUGE concern.. :dk:

I guess I should start with some backstory first. So, me and a friend (who is a pretty OK gamer if you ask me) have played through every Gears game together. From the Cliffy B classics to the new age Gears. We've played 1, 2 and J. You name it we've played it through on co-op. Here's the thing, he's always player 1. He was a big Marcus fan, huge fan even. I was cool with it cause I was Dom guy myself.
Broke my heart in 3, cry every time.

Anyway, when we played through Gears 4, he was player 1 like usual. I had to decide as player 2 to play through as either Del or Kait. I chose Kait. I've since grown attached to her. So what does The Coalition do? They are gonna make Kait the main character of Gears 5? She will be the player 1 character!?

You can see my concern now... I want to play as Kait, but I know that my gaming friend will not let me player 1 ever when it comes to Gears. Hopefully the Coalition and the ghost of Cliff will figure out a solution tho this problem before launch.

This is an interpersonal concern with your friend not the game. Find out why he is so adament to be player 1 and try to compromise from there. Tbh the whole thing sounds super petty so I'd like to think that your friend is decent enough to let you play as your character is you asked.

I think if you can't come to an agreement then whoever owns the game should have the final decision (assuming you're not buying it together) and just, like, deal with it.

Back