Chrome is suddenly using a lot of memory

Paper Mario

SPM Trash
Forum Moderator
Pronouns
She/They
MarioWiki
Fawfulthegreat64
Even with only a single tab open, the task manager shows Chrome using around 387mb of RAM, and I've had it crash several times over the past week or so, usually overnight leaving me confused as to why it was not open when I came back to the computer, and pages often crash because there's not enough memory to keep them loaded. I've had this happen in the middle of watching YouTube videos. Just a few minutes ago I had another crash happen while browsing Google Images, first the page crashed and I refreshed it, but then the entire browser closed.

I only recently had to freshly reinstall Windows and most of my programs, though I'm not sure if that's what caused this. Chrome is using more memory than Photoshop, Premiere and Blender combined and that's with only one tab open. I don't have any extensions that I think are causing it, the only new one is View Image (because that basic feature needs an extension now apparently, but that's beside the point)

Where should I even begin looking for the problem?

Looks like Adblock Plus is a big number. Have no idea why though, I've used that for years.

kZWrN86.png

Stylish isn't even active btw, since it did use to slow down webpages so I disabled it.

Back