Official LOTR Topic

Milkshake Man said:
The NEW films were pretty damn good, but the old animated ones were horrid.
Per Ninji. I saw a little of the animated ones on youtube and they were one of the worst pile of animated crap I ever watched. And I watch alot of animated crap.

I agree with Ninji. The movies kicked serious ass. (Especially the extended editions.) The battles were really well mapped-out...pretty much how I could imagine them in my mind while reading the books. You can tell Jackson put a hell of a lot of effort into them.

Stooby Dooby Doo said:
I agree with Ninji. The movies kicked serious ass. (Especially the extended editions.) The battles were really well mapped-out...pretty much how I could imagine them in my mind while reading the books. You can tell Jackson put a hell of a lot of effort into them.
He did. And now he's making "The Hobbit".

And Lord of the Rings 3 Extended did kick a**. I mean seriously, did you see Saruman get pwn'd by Wormtounge who in turn got pwn'd by legolas in teh beginning? Srsly....the hobbit is gonna be good, but not match up to LOTR's superiority

I got bored about half way through the first one, never saw the second, and pretty much ignored the third when I saw it.

*raises defenses*

LarryTheCableGuy27 said:
I got bored about half way through the first one, never saw the second, and pretty much ignored the third when I saw it.

*raises defenses*
:(

In my defense, I did finish reading The Hobbit and (unfortunately) saw the movie.

LarryTheCableGuy27 said:
In my defense, I did finish reading The Hobbit and (unfortunately) saw the movie.
I'd suggest reading the other three books too. They may not seem as dull as the movies, and they're (IMO) better than The Hobbit.

Sushiario said:
Stooby Dooby Doo said:

And Lord of the Rings 3 Extended did kick a**. I mean seriously, did you see Saruman get pwn'd by Wormtounge who in turn got pwn'd by legolas in teh beginning? Srsly....the hobbit is gonna be good, but not match up to LOTR's superiority

Well, if it's going to be anything like the video game released in 2000-something that was reminiscient of the new movies, it's going to be pretty nice.

I do think that The Hobbit >>> LotR, though.

Dashell said:
Sushiario said:
Stooby Dooby Doo said:

Well, if it's going to be anything like the video game released in 2000-something that was reminiscient of the new movies, it's going to be pretty nice.
Wait, that game sucked.

LarryTheCableGuy27 said:
Dashell said:
Sushiario said:
Stooby Dooby Doo said:

Wait, that game sucked.

no u

Julius said:
Stooby Dooby Doo said:
Snake Man said:
Why's that?

I thought that it was too long and drawn out.
I see. Personally, I liked it that way, but I'm a stickler for detail. At least it wasn't incredibly boring like some movies that are past the 2hr-30min mark.

Julius said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Julius said:
Stooby Dooby Doo said:
Snake Man said:
Why's that?

I see. Personally, I liked it that way, but I'm a stickler for detail. At least it wasn't incredibly boring like some movies that are past the 2hr-30min mark.

lolkingkongandthegodfather
The first 50 minutes of King Kong were unnecessary. Once they made it to Skull Island, it became interesting.

The Godfather? ...Really? That movie is easily one of the greatest film, (well, series), in existence. I guess the first 20 minutes of the first one was a bit dull, but it was giving you background because there were so many characters in the series that you had to keep track of.

Stooben Rooben said:
Julius said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Julius said:
Stooby Dooby Doo said:
Snake Man said:
Why's that?

The first 50 minutes of King Kong were unnecessary. Once they made it to Skull Island, it became interesting.

The Godfather? ...Really? That movie is easily one of the greatest film, (well, series), in existence. I guess the first 20 minutes of the first one was a bit dull, but it was giving you background because there were so many characters in the series that you had to keep track of.

I didn't say it was a bad film.

Julius said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Julius said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Julius said:
Stooby Dooby Doo said:
Snake Man said:
Why's that?

I didn't say it was a bad film.
Oh, yeah. xD

I'm glad nobody said Godfather sucks or I'd have had to silence them.
Its really my favourite film of all time.

Part 1 that is.

Zeltrax said:
I'm glad nobody said Godfather sucks or I'd have had to silence them.
Its really my favourite film of all time.

Part 1 that is.
I declare you my new best friend.

Back