Extensions you wish we had but we were too downgraded to get them

Re: Extensions you wish we had but we were to downgraded to get them

The spell check extension would be really handy for a lot of users. <_>

Stooby Dooby Doo said:
Especially to me, since I just realized I spelled this topic with the wrong "to". :P

edit: I fix'd the topic spelling now :)

Stooby Dooby Doo said:
Spellcheck works if you're using Firefox.

LarryTheCableGuy27 said:
Stooby Dooby Doo said:
Spellcheck works if you're using Firefox.
You'd never know that, considering how many of our users actually use Firefox and still type like a 4 year old.

It's probably because we have a lot of four-year old users. :P

Well, that might be bit of an exaggeration, although I've been playing video games since I was about six...and my brother has been since he was about three.

Son_of_Suns said:

Well, that might be bit of an exaggeration, although I've been playing video games since I was about six...and my brother has been since he was about three.
True. XD

I think I saw somewhere, (I don't remember where), that said a large portion of our userbase was 11-13. Which makes me and SoS like granddaddies around here.

I started playing games when I was about 4 or 5, so it's possible that many of our users are that young.

Yeah...I feel like a grandpa, especially when users classify the N64 as "classic" gaming.

Son_of_Suns said:
Yeah...I feel like a grandpa, especially when users classify the N64 as "classic" gaming.
Same here. I don't get how a system that hasn't even been out of cycle for 10 years can be considered "classic" or "old school". Then again, I never expected to hear music that came out while I was growing up on a classic rock station.

More on topic, several months ago, I found an extension that allowed brief game demos to be implemented onto pages. From what I remember, the demos would have to be downloaded through torrent and uploaded as flash samples.

Hmmm...I wonder if that begins infringing on copyright...

Son_of_Suns said:
Hmmm...I wonder if that begins infringing on copyright...
That's what I was thinking. Just like the mp3 extension. Nonetheless, I thought it was pretty awesome that there was actually an extension for game demos.

Stooby Dooby Doo said:
Son_of_Suns said:

True. XD

I think I saw somewhere, (I don't remember where), that said a large portion of our userbase was 11-13. Which makes me and SoS like granddaddies around here.

I started playing games when I was about 4 or 5, so it's possible that many of our users are that young.

:eek: ...omg. XD

Stooby Dooby Doo said:
A spelling check would be good, since users commenly make spelling mistakes. :P

a grammar check will be awesome

Son_of_Suns said:
I know, seriously. I love my N64 ^__^

I also play classic games that are REALLY considered classic, like SMB3, which pwns any modern mario game.

Back