Left 4 Dead

Zeltrax

The Enclave will rise again
Its another of my topics that barely get any replies due to them being on Non Nintendo consoles but oh well I will still make them as some people play them.

Now then, Left 4 Dead is Valve's newest game and is available on PC and 360 and the basic premise is this:
You are one of 4 survivors (Zoey, Bill, Francis, Louis) and you must escape the area you are in, simple.
So far, there's 4 campaigns, No Mercy, Death Toll, Dead Air, Blood Harvest, and each have their own unique settings.
The game has no plot or narrative, you just need to escape alive, that is all you need to know.

Preventing you from escaping are The Infected, which are humans infected with a virus that makes them go rage crazy, no explanation is given as to what and why this is happening.
The Infected basically run at you and punch and kick you and you can get mobbed by up to 30 of them at a time.

Special Infected which are extra mutated humans are called, Hunter, Smoker, Boomer, Tank and Witch.

Hunter is basically like Spiderman, he leaps you you from tall buildings, round corners etc and causes damage until he is knocked off you by a teammate.

Smoker hides on rooftops and uses his long tongue to snare a survivor and constrict them until rescued.

Boomer hides around corners and sicks Bile on you which summons a huge horde of Infected, Boomers explode when killed which can also summon a horde if the goo gets on you.

The Tank is just a massive human with huge muscles and he runs after you (you'll know he's coming by his distinct theme music and the screen shaking) it takes a lot of firepower and strategy to take him down, especially on higher difficulty modes.

Lastly, The Witch is the most dangerous, she has the appearance of a teenage girl and sits on the ground crying, her theme music is very distinct, and if disturbed, she runs and kills whoever startled her, she growls when you get too close.

This game is fully Co-Op, and if you don't stick to your Teammates, Humans or AI characters, then you will die, as if a Hunter pounces you, your helpless until rescued, if you are not saved, then you get ripped to shreds and die.

Finally, you can play all 4 campaigns online and play Versus mode, which is basically the campaigns but the special infected (barring The Witch and normal enemies) are playable, and you get to kill the survivors if you can.

Big wall of text, but hey, sometimes its needed.

Zeltrax said:
Its another of my topics that barely get any replies due to them being on Non Nintendo consoles but oh well I will still make them as some people play them.
Actually, I really want Left 4 Dead. Unfortunately I don't have much in the way of money at the moment, but I stave it off (1 2 3, and now you can count to three) by playing the Half-Life series. I still really want to play it though. :(

Prices for it should be coming down soon, but Half Life is a very good alternative in the meantime.

Zeltrax said:
Prices for it should be coming down soon, but Half Life is a very good alternative in the meantime.
And its mods. I have a vid on YouTube of my own little zombie onslaught on SMod. Of course, it wouldn't be a replacement, but it sure is good fun. =3

This game is perhaps the most fun I've ever had on the 360.

Being mobbed by 300 thousand zombies all at once is such an adrenaline rush.

Its most amusing hearing new players give out orders like they are total experts.
I just ignore everything these people say since I know better and have lots of game experience with L4D.
Still, when people yell, "GO OVER THERE AND SHOOT THOSE ZOMBIES AND WATCH OUT FOR THE CAR ALARM!!111" I tend to shoot the car alarm and watch the order giver get mobbed.

My advice is usually hints not outright orders.

I've only seen peopel play it on Justin TV. I've only seen the Blood Harvest and No Mercy maps. what are the others like?

Death Toll is pretty fun, its a jaunt through a small town, after going over a bridge and sewer servicing pipes.
Dead Air is rooftop fun at the start then you go through a broken airport and have to defend yourselves on the runway for a while until the escape plane is fully fueled.
Death Toll has you surviving on a riverside in a small cabin until the boat arrives.

I finally got this.

And.... IT IS FREAKING EPIC. ^_^

I just finished No Mercy, on Easy mode since I just got it, and I loved it. It's gonna be more challenging when I ramp up to Normal or Hard.

left_4_dead_2_ars.jpg

Discuss.

Nothing to say, I know I'm getting it.
Also I know everything about it so far, Valve keep no secrets.

God my favorite game ever on my xbox360, pc cant handle it XD. Left 4 dead 2, gonna get it for being a fan boy (sorta) for the new franchise to be. Seems intresting, gonna play as the mechanic, reminds me of the scout in team fortress 2. plus new shotty revamp looks cool.

Actually, Left 4 Dead on 360 is slightly inferior to its PC incarnation since L4D was developed with the PC in mind due to Valve not being overly keen about developing on consoles, (they hate the PS3 since its a nightmare to code for)

All the 360 misses out on is user made content and instant patches which us 360 guys have to wait for Microsoft to verify.

Now then, its interesting that Valve have made L4D 2 with a TF2 graphical style since now people say it looks cartoony, but I'd rather have that, than ultra bland visuals and shadows everywhere.
Something I rather like is The Witch now goes for a walk during the day sections, and that will be a pain for new players (new to L4D as a whole) but it'll just be amusing to me seeing a teammate get torn up out of nowhere.

The new weapons don't interest me, apart from the Axe which will be funny to use, I'm going after a Tank with it.

If anyone can pull off the transition from L4D to L4D2, it's Valve.

Zeltrax said:
Actually, Left 4 Dead on 360 is slightly inferior to its PC incarnation since L4D was developed with the PC in mind due to Valve not being overly keen about developing on consoles, (they hate the PS3 since its a nightmare to code for)

All the 360 misses out on is user made content and instant patches which us 360 guys have to wait for Microsoft to verify.

Now then, its interesting that Valve have made L4D 2 with a TF2 graphical style since now people say it looks cartoony, but I'd rather have that, than ultra bland visuals and shadows everywhere.
Something I rather like is The Witch now goes for a walk during the day sections, and that will be a pain for new players (new to L4D as a whole) but it'll just be amusing to me seeing a teammate get torn up out of nowhere.

The new weapons don't interest me, apart from the Axe which will be funny to use, I'm going after a Tank with it.

Well i knew this as i have the 360 version, i just want the user mods which always end up amazig. You get to dress the hunter in a hello kitty sweatshirt

Lario said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL_X_PVpFzA&feature=channel_page

EPIC

i love that rooster teeth video, they never played that mode before. gotta post this for you all. The best group of players on youtube due to how funny they are, they only play on expert also.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWmmOj5xGvA lol for best fan made rescue vehical on a great user made map.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ITUTQlBfkY&feature=related just when you think your saved by the last guy.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5erFG0AkIU&feature=related yay for audio replacement
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uozFeVNLAy4&feature=related baba ba- boomerang

Expert Mode isn't so tough, I've done all 4 campaigns on it.
Its merely a matter of not shooting people and being aware of your surroundings.
Oh and it is not recommended to even attempt Expert with random people since someone usually gets annoyed and shoots everyone, stick to friends only.

Worried about The Tank? set him on fire, he dies after 40/50 seconds, just keep running as its instant incap if he whacks you.

Normal Infected do 20 damage per hit so when Hordes spawn, put your back to the wall and melee zombies that come close and shoot the rest.

Zeltrax said:
Expert Mode isn't so tough, I've done all 4 campaigns on it.
Its merely a matter of not shooting people and being aware of your surroundings.
Oh and it is not recommended to even attempt Expert with random people since someone usually gets annoyed and shoots everyone, stick to friends only.

Worried about The Tank? set him on fire, he dies after 40/50 seconds, just keep running as its instant incap if he whacks you.

Normal Infected do 20 damage per hit so when Hordes spawn, put your back to the wall and melee zombies that come close and shoot the rest.

I know its just my friends arent expert material i have found another 2 people to join my expert brigade, 1 more and ill be set.

Be fully prepared to spend over an hour doing the campaigns, dying happens a lot so don't let that get you down, just keep on going and eventually you'll beat them.

Left 4 Dead (2)

The Italian guy in the trailer is named Nick, holy crap, I must play as him.

Also, Last Stand is tough when those double tanks pop out.

Re: Left 4 Dead (2)

http://forum.mariowiki.com/index.php?topic=3881.0

*ahem*

Back