The Official Topic of Evil Walking Fungi that work for a giant Turtle...

Lario

Seems so long ago.
In other words, we discuss about the well known mushroom enemies...

... That are named GOOMBAS.

I think they are the best video game enemies ever, tied with Waddle Dee for hardest boss. :)

Goombas are underestimated. They're really awesome enemies.

Stooben Rooben said:
I know.

Just because you just jump on them doesn't mean they're THAT lame.

They are very uninspired, and pwns the crap out of many of nowaday's enemies (lolzomgwtf some bald guy got a gun that was probably very hard to make up, i couldn't do it even if i had the nobel prize in originality).

Yes, original. Too bad they fall victims for the feet of a certain plumber.

He looks like he's walking backward, but yet he moves left.

goomba.gif

Mario said:
He looks like he's walking backward, but yet he moves left.

goomba.gif
Without an auctual background, it looks it is walking towards you without getting closer...

First slightly creepy thing to me on the Internets...

Not even screamers (I find it easy to avoid them...), Weegee and co., Skudword and other "creepy" Squidward clones, Giygas and his clones, or even McGiygas from Hell can scare me.

Lario said:
Stooben Rooben said:
I know.

Yeah, because don't you have to jump on nearly EVERY enemy?

Also, anohter thing I'll never be able to understand, is how Goombas are able to hold things, despite the fact that they don't have hands. Every time I play Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door and see Goombella and Professor Frankly holding books, I'm always thinking, "How's that even POSSIBLE?"

SolarBlaze said:
Lario said:
Stooben Rooben said:
I know.

Yeah, because don't you have to jump on nearly EVERY enemy?

Also, anohter thing I'll never be able to understand, is how Goombas are able to hold things, despite the fact that they don't have hands. Every time I play Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door and see Goombella and Professor Frankly holding books, I'm always thinking, "How's that even POSSIBLE?"
They have psychic abilities...

Fear the Goomba.

You know, that thought actually came across my mind a few times, but strangely enough, they've never been seen using an ability like that in battle. Instead, they would always use a standard Headbonk attack, or they'll bite you or shoot a spike at you, like in Super Mario RPG. Also, Goombas are stronger than Terrapins, despite the fact that they're armored turtles that are similar to Koopatrols.

In SMW, (Or was it SMB3?) The Goombas were not mushrooms. They were circles.

Back