• tied

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toad48

Dry Bowser
It is not for babys!!!!

#1 fan of MarioMario8989 said:
You said he wasn't, right? Some people think it is.
I know people who think he is, they're 7 years old.

Mario? Babyish? I don't think so. Especially since some of them (particular Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door and Super Paper Mario) had some pretty dark storylines.

Ahh I see where this came from.
In another topic, buddy here said Pokemon was babyish, and I called him out on it by saying its no more babyish than Mario.
However this does not mean I think Mario is babyish as I know its not all to well.
See SPM for details.

Super Paper Mario seems a little perverted for young children, so no.

EDIT: Oops, I voted for yes, disregard one of them, and add one to yes.

Yeah and per Smid :yoshi:

Lumberjack said:
Lol, "perverted".

Don't you mean dark, because there's no sexural humor in there.

Nerdy Guy said:
Lumberjack said:
Lol, "perverted".

I know there's not neceserilly any actual sexual humor in it, I'm refering to the "Totally hot babe!" comment that Francis makes in regards to Peach; such a comment is not something you'd usually here in a children's game, it was funny though. What you said is also true.

SolarBlaze said:
Mario? Babyish? I don't think so. Especially since some of them (particular Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door and Super Paper Mario) had some pretty dark storylines.
I agree completely.

And sure, some of Mario's games are a little on the childish side, but they're still appeasing to a good portion of mature gamers.

Stooben Rooben said:
SolarBlaze said:
I agree completely.

And sure, some of Mario's games are a little on the childish side, but they're still appeasing to a good portion of mature gamers.
It depends. Mario is Missing and Mario Teaches Typing wouldn't actually appeal to the mature gamer. I play Mario they are GOOD games. I have played James Bond: Agent Under Fire and it isn't exactly what you would call fun. And per everyone else Super Paper Mario had a pretty dark story line.

Yoshario said:
Stooben Rooben said:
SolarBlaze said:
I agree completely.

It depends. Mario is Missing and Mario Teaches Typing wouldn't actually appeal to the mature gamer. I play Mario they are GOOD games. I have played James Bond: Agent Under Fire and it isn't exactly what you would call fun. And per everyone else Super Paper Mario had a pretty dark story line.
My dad used Mario Teaches Typing to improve his typing skills. And he read up on MiM and thought it sounded pretty cool.

Stooben Rooben said:
Yoshario said:
Stooben Rooben said:
SolarBlaze said:
I agree completely.

My dad used Mario Teaches Typing to improve his typing skills. And he read up on MiM and thought it sounded pretty cool.
What does he think of mainstream mario games?

Lumberjack said:
Nerdy Guy said:
Lumberjack said:
Lol, "perverted".

I know there's not neceserilly any actual sexual humor in it, I'm refering to the "Totally hot babe!" comment that Francis makes in regards to Peach; such a comment is not something you'd usually here in a children's game, it was funny though. What you said is also true.
I wonder if anyone bothered to read this.

Anyway, I know there are way worse things in SPM than that, like Bleck wanting to genocide the everything, and Mimi's neck cracking transformation, but still; I do believe my point is valid. :posh:

Its reasons like this that get Mario games laughed at, people moaning about words used.
Kids today get worse language on TV shows.

Julius said:
Saying "Totally hot babe!" isn't perverted, nor should it be disallowed in a child's game. :/

Eschaschly.

Liking to feel someone's warm spot on a chair, drooling, staring, saving the gum that someone threw into the garbage, wanting to stick the fingers into one's mouth when shaking someone's hands, carving someone's name into one's leg, wanting to sniff someone's pit-stains on their blouse and knowing exactly where someone lives and following them from their work/school is perverted.

For everyone's information, these are not personal experiences, I stole it from a Weird Al song.

Caesar said:
Saying "Totally hot babe!" isn't perverted, nor should it be disallowed in a child's game. :/
Point taken, I wasn't complaining about it btw, just pointing it out.

Also, the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this topic was Baby Mario, too bad Smid posted it first :(

Back