Speed Running

Lario

Seems so long ago.
Yet another steal made by Lario of a thread on another forum...

Most of you should know what speed running is...

I beaten DKC 3 GBA in 3 hours, 41 minutes.

If it weren't for the new world, the final level that was made much harder, and the fact I tried to perform a lagging glitch in a cave level whilst losing lives many times, I would've got an earlier time...

... But I did that weeks ago, and I'm too lazy to improve my time.
 

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
I beat the boss endurance in Nightmare in Dream Land in 5:41. Not sure exactly how good that is...

EDIT: 5:33
 

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
LarryTheCableGuy27 said:
MST3K said:
Metroid: Zero Mission - 100% items in 1 hr and 41 mins. :smug:
Nice job. I still can't get 100%. :(
Thanks. You gotta get the "Shinespark" technique down in order to get some of the pickups.
I'd be glad to help you get 100%, if you want. :)
 

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
MST3K said:
LarryTheCableGuy27 said:
MST3K said:
Metroid: Zero Mission - 100% items in 1 hr and 41 mins. :smug:
Nice job. I still can't get 100%. :(
Thanks. You gotta get the "Shinespark" technique down in order to get some of the pickups.
I'd be glad to help you get 100%, if you want. :)
I love to spineshark. I just can't find some of the missile tanks in Ridley and Norfair.
 

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
I can beat it really fast, but in that time I can only get about 30%.
 

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
LarryTheCableGuy27 said:
I can beat it really fast, but in that time I can only get about 30%.
You get a special ending for a 15% or less completion, but I can't do that. Ridley kills me every time. :(
 

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
MST3K said:
LarryTheCableGuy27 said:
I can beat it really fast, but in that time I can only get about 30%.
You get a special ending for a 15% or less completion, but I can't do that. Ridley kills me every time. :(
I'm working on it too, but I have the same problem.

He doesn't attack if you stay under him, but it's hard to stay under him...
 

NeuralPsychosis

Chain Chomp
I like to try and speedrun in all the games I play. Actually I don't have many vids of this uploaded, but I can always put up some.
 

Easmo

Bob-omb
I usually like to take my time and enjoy the game, although I have speedrunned sometimes.

One of the speedruns I can remember now was a Super Mario World speedrun (SNES version). Beaten it 100% (including Yoshi coins and ALL stage exits, both secret AND normal) with 99 lives in world 3 (stomping combos ftw) all in like, 3 hours, maybe a bit less.
 

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
Fiddle Faddle said:
There was one event in SSBM that I cleared in 0,93 seconds :)
The one with the giant Yoshi, right? My record on that is around 2 seconds. It fails in comparison.

I just played through Mega Man 9, and my clear time was 1 hr and 17 mins.
 
Top