The foreign (non-English) language thread.

Smiddle

Power Star
Pronouns
He/him
Made the topic because the Japanese topic were becoming too off-topic.

Apart from English, I speak Swedish and a little French. I can Norwegian and Danish.
 

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
Pronouns
He/him
I'm taking Latin in school and I know a tiny bit of Japanese.
 

ShyGuy27

The Cardinal is dead -- long live The Cardinal!
Pronouns
He/him
I can also speak a little, tiny bit of German.
 

Smiddle

Power Star
Pronouns
He/him
Lario said:
*Inserts what I posted in that other thread.*
The Swedish J (and also lj and dj) is pronounced like the English Y in 'yes'. There are some exceptions though. "Sj" is pronounced with a weird sound that only exists in Swedish and Norwegian. It's kind of something between "k" and "sh". "Tj" is pronounced like "sh".
 

Lario

Seems so long ago.
Pronouns
He/him
ShyGuy27 said:
I can also speak a little, tiny bit of German.
What is "yes" in German?

(Apparently, I learned that in a book that's not about languages, but about ghosts... (And yes in French from the same book.)
 

Smiddle

Power Star
Pronouns
He/him
Lario said:
ShyGuy27 said:
I can also speak a little, tiny bit of German.
What is "yes" in German?

(Apparently, I learned that in a book that's not about languages, but about ghosts... (And yes in French from the same book.)
Ja. That's also yes in Norwegian, Swedish, Dutch (I think) and Danish.
 

Lario

Seems so long ago.
Pronouns
He/him
Smiddle said:
Lario said:
ShyGuy27 said:
I can also speak a little, tiny bit of German.
What is "yes" in German?

(Apparently, I learned that in a book that's not about languages, but about ghosts... (And yes in French from the same book.)
Ja. That's also yes in Norwegian, Swedish, Dutch (I think) and Danish.
Good. Now I need to know "No"...

"Oui" is yes for French.

And apparently, the French and German varities of "yes" end up in the word "Ouija"...

... And you don't have to think about the "Board" part.
 

Smiddle

Power Star
Pronouns
He/him
Lario said:
Smiddle said:
Lario said:
ShyGuy27 said:
I can also speak a little, tiny bit of German.
What is "yes" in German?

(Apparently, I learned that in a book that's not about languages, but about ghosts... (And yes in French from the same book.)
Ja. That's also yes in Norwegian, Swedish, Dutch (I think) and Danish.
Good. Now I need to know "No"...

"Oui" is yes for French.

And apparently, the French and German varities of "yes" end up in the word "Ouija"...

... And you don't have to think about the "Board" part.
:eek:
 

Smiley The Hun

I accidentally whored shoulders
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
She/her
Puedo hablar Español e Inglés. I can speak spanish and english. I know a little Japanese. :D
 

Stooben

Star Spirit
Chat Administrator
Retired Wiki Staff
I speak only a little of the following languages:

Spanish
Japanese
German
French
Chinese
Italian
Greek

Just enough to get by, really.
 

InfectedShroom

I make music.
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
He/him
Yo hablo español una poco.

I'm in Spanish 3 as a sophomore, so I should know more than I do... X_X
 
Top