Pre Smash Camp 2016 Information!

Bossvelt

Goomba
Pre Smash Camp 2016 Info

Hello everyone who reads this! Yes, Smash Camp is still a few months away. To be somewhat more exact, Smash Camp will likely take place in late June. We have never really done a post talking about it this much in advanced before, but there's an important reason for that.

We need your help to make the 10th Smash Camp (9th year) the biggest and best one to date! I'll try to keep it as concise as possible and get right to the point

Smash Camp is an event that is hosted once a year during the summer for a week. It began almost 9 years ago with a goal to make many different forums join in and participate in a fun Summer event for everyone to enjoy. As the years went by, we only became bigger and bigger. At this moment, we have about over a dozen forums that are affiliated with us but we want even more to join in!

There are four teams (called cabins to keep in the spirit of the event) that compete against each other taking part in various events to rack up the most points in the time span of 5 days. These teams are comprised of members and staff from many forums and are mixed together. You get to meet new people and make friends with those you never even thought you could. The events that garner you these points are varied. You do things as simple as scavenger hunts or flash games which involve getting the highest scores. Then there are things that take more effort such as writing or art contests. We also have video game tourneys in which games such as Super Smash Bros, Pokemon Showdown, and the new Pokken Tournament will be showcased! These are just a few of the events available at Smash Camp.
Not only are you rewarded with points for your cabin if you participate but if you place first or meet some special criteria for these events you might even earn cash prizes or steam games from it.

At the end of the 5 days we will decide a winner by whichever cabin has the most points. There are also the annual Campie Awards in which our members are shown appreciation by winning awards such as Most Friendly or Most Competitive. There's something for everybody to enjoy here to say the least.

To start off, the most important thing is just for you guys to spread the word. To any friends that you have on your respective forum or to any on other communities you go to. Spreading the word and getting people to join the hype will make the turn out that much more wonderful when Summer comes along.

Event Suggestions

Now, the next thing is something we've never done before. We have our usual events that are presented for each new day. However, we also want to run more side events that aren't restricted to a one day deadline. We want you guys to suggest events that you think would work within a 5 day time span(obviously some events you should try to keep it down to a few days and not the entirety of Smash Camp). Get creative with what you guys want to bring to the table. If your idea is great we'll contact you and let you run it yourself during Smash Camp! Your event can be a vital part of the experience which would be amazing.

You can suggest events at the link here: Events Suggestion
(Note: If you are not registered to the forums, it is open so that you can register.)

Staff Applications

The other thing is something that might interest a lot of you as well. We are still in need of some staff of some sort and we want those who think they have the experience to apply. Make sure you have a significant amount of time to dedicate to this event if you do apply.
Positions Available:
Counselor - The leader of a cabin. You get to lead your teammates to victory and get to manage them the best way you can.
Crew - Sort of like moderators. These people will get to watch over the forum to make sure things do not go wrong and will also watch over certain events as well.
Leader - An Admnistrator. You will be a key part in coming up with daily events. You can also get this position if you have vast coding or programming experience as we will possibly need themes and the like.

You can apply here: Staff Application

New Forum Affiliates

Last but not least is something that'll help attendance big time! If any of you here have your own forum that you administrate or are staff on or even if you are just a member on(make sure the staff on that forum is interested if you're only a member though as to not cause some sort of unintentional trouble), you may submit an affiliate application to us. We'll accept you if you only have 10 members or if you have 10,000 members. We just want more and more people to join and enjoy this as much as we do every year.

You may send your application here: http://smashcamp2016.com/forum/1712945/ (Just make sure to read the rules so you may use the template)

Final Words

I hope this interested some of you that have participated in the past and those that haven't participated yet as well. Thank you to those who read this and I hope it has given you some excitement as for what is to come this Summer. I apologize if any of this seemed cluttered or difficult to understand I guess the excitement just shone through. If you have any questions feel free to contact Boss or Curry on the forum or shoot us an email at support@smashcamp2016.com

Thank you for your future cooperation and stay tuned for more!

(I got permission to post this also pls don't get me in trouble)

Aw snap

If you do Smash again this year, I suggest using a Swiss style tournament rather than elimination

By the way to be specific there are 2 counselor openings and 2 crew openings available. If you do an app please be sure to include experience of things you have done forum or irl wise that makes us know you're suited for the position.
I hope to see some applications from you lovely people here. (we may also make an admin if you have extensive coding/programming or gfx skills it really depends)

Oh yeah you gotta log-in or register because you have to post in a thread/sub-forum to do that. Alternatively, people can just e-mail us.

Also Update: There is 1 counselor position and 2(possibly 3) Crew openings left. We might take a leader if you can do gfx and make themes and stuff of the like. Please make sure to write down experience if you apply thank you thank you.

(sorry for responding late)

Back