[Request] Did TOSE make Yoshi's Safari?

Glowsquid

Shine Sprite
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
Yoshi's Safari has no ending credits sequences. Some sites credit Nintend R&D1 as the developers, but provide no sources. I don't think the game was made by Nintendo because of my reasoning below and there is no reason for the company to obmit staff credits on this random game, when Nintendo was one of the few major developer to actually credit developers by their full names in a time where most other major Japanese software houses used pseudonyms.

With all this in mind, I think TOSE is probably the developer of Yoshis Safari for the following reasons:

1:The aforementioned lack of credits: TOSE is know for declining to be credited.

2: TOSE released a Super Scope game the same year as Yoshi's Safari and collaborated with Nintendo R&D1 (the division behind the Super Scope) on several games around this time.

3: The game's general lack of polish and "ghetto" presentation compared to internally developed Mario games.

Some video game soundtracks sites also credit a TOSE employee for composing the soundtrack, but I have no idea where they got that information.

I feel my reasoning is solid, but unfortunately for me, my own message board post doesn't constitute a proper source. I don't expect any active wiki user to have the information I seek, but if any lurker has a reliable source (can be a translated interview, twitter post by a TOSE employee, 2Chan thread... etc), they can respond to me here, send me an emai from my wiki userpagel, or post on this duped talk page section. --~~~~

Back