Should I continue work on UP fiction? [Tabuufics, poll]

Should 132 be finished? If so, how?

• Yes. Project 132 was halfway through its run, and with some modification it can be continued from th

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Yes. P-132 is in its early stages, but the rewrite is the better option.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No, Tabuu. Grow up.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't even know what a 132 is, honestly.

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Contra(dictory)

also I hang out here, I guess
Project 132, 35 Chapters, Incomplete

P-132, 4 Chapters, Very Early In-Progress

Heeeeeeeey.

So I'm Contra. Some of you may know me, some of you might not. But in the olden days of Userpedia, I wrote a lot of Userfics. A lot!

Nowadays, most of my work is professional and outside of Userpedia. I'm mainly a ghostwriter, but I also write articles on Tech under my own name at MakeTechEasier. For over a year now, I haven't touched my userfics (or any fiction), and outside of Stooben's Shroom Mafia, I've been divorced from the community.

However, I miss writing for the fun of it. And, in my opinion, 132 was never quite finished. Never made quite how I wanted it to be. Project 132 and P-132 were meant to be that, but they weren't, and that still kills me. My main issues with Project 132 concerns Part 1 of that story, as well as certain elements that factor in later in the plot. It can be hard to swallow. P-132, meanwhile, got too dense with "episodes" requiring basically twice the length and effort to release, which has put that story at a standstill.

At this point, I'm considering just going back and retconning a lot of Project 132 to pick up where I left off. This would be easier than continuing P-132. For readers of the original Project 132, they would have to reread it so the changes line up...but surely that's better than going through a long, serial process, right?

Anyways, the choice is yours. For those who are unfamiliar with my fics, you're more than welcome to check out P-132 and Project 132 on their respective pages to get an idea of my style and what I write.

Please answer the poll and respond in the thread. One way or another, I need closure, but for me to continue work on 132, I need to know there's interest in it.

I knew you'd be back.

I'd say go with Project 132. Its giant cast and some of the more ambitious, dense and tangential mythology bogged it down by the end, but at its core, it was an interesting story with some cool characters, and I'd love to see it retooled and finished. Despite its flaws, I liked reading it the first time and won't mind re-reading it, especially as there will be changes and improvements along the way. (But if you cut me out of the cast list as part of the streamlining or whatever I'll cut you.)

Editing will also be easier than building from the ground up like with P-132, especially since each episode was such an effort, as you said yourself. Plus, once you get to the point of writing new Project 132 chapters, you'll have been in the swing of the story for much longer and can continue the momentum. Furthermore, while P-132 was interesting enough as is own thing, it felt less like a traditional 132 story, with all the in-the-past bsns, iirc, which also made it harder to get as invested in. And with that in mind, I feel like if you want closure for the series as a whole, you'd have better luck making Project 132 into a grand finale, rather than continuing the more experimental P-132.

i don't have the concentration anymore to read anything that's not on my kindle (which is now broken) but i also really appreciated your writing

it was unique and definitely very memorable

i remember you promising to have me and walkazo run around and blow stuff up

as long as you fulfill that promise i'm good

Well, it looks like the consensus is in.

At some point in the near future, the OG Project 132 will be relaunched to fit my current standards. Some things are on the chopping block, and some other stuff may be added in the process. Who knoooows?

Back