Question for people who have seen The Bourne trilogy

supermariofan

Dry Bowser
Is there something about this franchise I'm missing out on? I have mixed thoughts if I want to see it because Bourne 5 is coming out. I'm not a big action person but I'm into ones that are meant to be taken seriously like The Dark Knight trilogy, The Fugitive and Die Hard. Is the series THAT kind of action film franchise and not sit-down-and-eat-your-pipcorn-films like The Matrix, and every Arnold and Stallone film? I don't need to know anything about Bourne Legacy though I don't think I'm missing much on that one.

I've only seen the first three Bourne films, they were really good.

They're quite a bit smarter than your average secret agent movie; oftentimes it's not about how well Bourne can shoot his way out of a situation but how well he can think his way out. I can't think of another movie where someone blew up a house with just a toaster and a magazine.

The one complaint people have with them is the liberal use of shaky cam during fight sequences. For me at least, it wasn't bad because you can still follow what's going on, but if you despise shaky cam then you might be bothered.

Back