Yvonne's Short Stories

Summer

Qui vivra verra!
One thing I love to do is to write fiction. I will try everyday to post stories about random plots. You can suggest plots if you'd like. If you or I feel strongly about a story, then I can extend it. Enjoy reading these stories!

Plot: Here is a one shot of two lovers separated by a harsh storm. The girl gets blown overboard and is stranded on an island. Here are the point of views of the two characters before the storm, during the storm, and after the storm. Enjoy.

Characters: Stacy and Parker

The Fateful Storm
Parker's Point of View
Ah, what a very beautiful day it was. I was with my beautiful girlfriend Stacy on a boat to Hawaii. Why didn't we take a plane to Hawaii? First of all, ever where we went, we took a plane and soon, we got bored of riding on an airplane, so we decided to go by sea. There was my beauty leaning on the rails, her wind blown blonde hair flying all over her face. She seemed to be lost in thought.

"Hi Stacy," I greeted, smiling.

Immediately, she perked up and smiled at me.

"Parker! So nice to see you!" she replied.

"Shouldn't you come in? The weather looks awful right now," I mused as she laughed.

I thought that I was going to melt. Her laugh is so sweet.

"It's fine Parker," she said, "I enjoy this wind. I just can't wait to spend my time with you in Hawaii!"

"Me too my love," I whispered to her, approaching her, "Me too."

All she did was smile as her eyes scanned the horizon. There was a strange feeling in my guts and I suddenly grew apprehensive. The clouds seemed to get darker and the wind seemed to pick up. I looked at her as she looked at me also, suddenly worried.

Stacy's Point Of View
Parker is so dreamy. His blue eyes seem to pierce through my soul every time he looks at me in the eye. He is such a caring and nice guy. I mean, he came here all the way to talk to me! As we were talking, the weather grew darker and suddenly, I grew worried.

"Parker," I called, snapping him out of his daydream.

"Huh? Wha-?" he asked as I looked at him sternly.

"Something feels very wrong," I replied as he nodded.

Without any warning, a massive wind threw us away from the railing. Just like that, the sun disappeared and was replaced by the howling wind as the waves grew rougher. A massive wave splashed on the deck knocking me off my feet and throwing me to the engine door, heard.

"STACY!" I heard Parker's distant yell.

I got up dazed as another wave hit me. I coughed and spluttered, spitting the salty water out. I tried standing up, but the blow made me dizzy as I fell down.

"Parker!" I tried yelling, wincing.

Another roar cut off everything as the wave nearly capsized the ship. I held on to the rail for dear life, the wind and waves threatening to rip me out of its grasp. I saw Parker inside the cabin doors looking at me.

"Stacy! In here!" he called out, "Please, hurry!"

"I'm coming!" I yelled.

I was really happy that Parker was safe. I tried rushing to Parker, the wind and waves fighting me. I was half way there as I thought I was going to make it, but then fate went wrong. I saw a wave approaching the ship. It was no big wave, but I was in direct line of it. A wave like that would knock me off the ship. I gritted my teeth as I tried running, but I was too focused on the waves. The wind decided to strike. The wind gave out a harsh blow as my legs gave away. I tripped and fell as I looked at the wave in fear. It seemed to be laughing evilly. Seconds later, it struck. My head submerged as I felt fear. The waves went up my nose as I tried coughing. I soon found myself out of the ship, falling into the water.

"NO!" Parker yelled.

Parker's Point of View
"NO!" I yelled, "STACY!"

I could only watch helplessly as the waves knocked her off the ship.

"dang IT!" I yelled loudly, "STACY!!!!"

I watched her barely conscious body being tossed around like a rag doll. I couldn't do anything as I saw her headed straight towards a rock. Her eyes opened for a second, as she looked at me and smiled. Then, the rock made impact with her head as I saw her fall into unconsciousness. Soon, another wave carried her away from the ship and to somewhere.

"No, no, no, no," I cried out, weeping like a baby, "Why, why!?"

Suddenly, the wind and waves died down as the sun shone its face once more. I looked at the sun with hate.

"Now you show up!" I yelled, "I hate you!"

I felt silly talking to the sun, but I felt like it was appropriate. Suddenly, the ship was groaning as I looked around wildly. I suddenly realized that water was slowly filling the ship. At this rate, the ship would capsize. My thoughts came true as the ship started tilting to the left. I looked around for a life boat or a life jacket and I shouted with glee when I saw both the items on the ship. My look of glee turned into horror when I saw the life jacket ripped up and the life boat in ruins. I picked the jacket and boat up to see if it was still usable, but realized that it wasn't. I threw it aboard and began yelling in frustration, but then....Stacy! At the thought of Stacy, I broke down once more and realized that she was probably...NO! She isn't dead! I was jerked out of my thoughts when the ship tilted at a very dangerous angle.

"Well this is it," I laughed hysterically, "I'm going to die now. Can it get any worse?"

To make matters worse, I saw fins circling the ship and I realized that they were sharks. Instead of freaking out, I saw my sanity draining right before me.

"Hahaha," I began laughing, "So this is the way I will die. Torn apart from Stacy, eaten by sharks. Just great!"

The ship's tip was the only visible piece as I stood on top of it, but that too began fading into the ocean. As I looked at the sun, I reminisced about the times I've had with Stacy. All those times I made her laugh, all the trips we took, all those jokes and all those kisses. That filled me with a smile.

"I love you Stacy," I sighed, "You will always have a place in my heart."

The water lapped my legs as the ship finally faded into the deep ocean. Pain erupted around me as I felt teeth digging into me. I yelled in pain, but didn't struggle and soon, the water turned a blood red as I lost all consciousness.

Stacy's Point of View
As I saw Parker's eyes once more, I grew happy. He was going to be safe. That was all I cared about. Soon, my head met a rock as I faded into unconsciousness. I soon woke up washed ashore upon an island. I looked all around me and found myself stranded, no help. I squinted as I looked at the ocean and I saw a boat that was in the process of capsizing.

"P-Parker?" I asked.

I saw a tiny figure resting on the top of the ship and I realized that it was Parker.

"Parker! Parker!" I yelled really loudly waving my arms, but we were too far away, "No! NO!"

I began sobbing as I realized that Parker was going to die.

"Why me?" I sobbed, "We were going to have a romantic time in Hawaii! We were going to enjoy the beaches and...why do you have to leave me!"

I could only watch on, sobbing, and helpless as I saw the ship fade into the ocean as I lost sight of Parker. I lay on the ground sobbing as a hand rested on me. I looked up and saw a woman with a skirt looking at me worriedly. She had something on her head.

"Aloha! Are you ok?" she asked me as I looked at her in confusion.

"Who are you? Where am I?" I asked her, desperate.

"Pleased to meet you. I am Lola and welcome to Hawaii," she replied.

Plot: This is a nonfiction story of a car crash accident I was in. This still gives me nightmares and I feel like the best way to let it out would be to share it. Please take this seriously as this is no joke.

[size=13pt]A Nightmare to Remember​

My Point of View
It was a really beautiful night and my family was headed off to the Santa Monica Beach. It was 8:00 p.m. and the air was thick and still. We were travelling along Wilshire Boulevard, a major street in Los Angeles. In the van was my father, my mother, and my two brothers. I was listening to music on my way there as my brothers were goofing off in the back. What would happen next would be a nightmare to remember. I'd never be the same. What began as laughter so soon would turn to pain. Now, I'm not the one to soon forget and I bet I never will. I want you to picture for a moment, the perfect irony. It was a flawless new beginning of a new trip that was eclipsed by tragedy. Life was so simple, we were so innocent. We were going 40 MPH and we were approaching an intersection, Fairfax Avenue. The green light was on our side and we approached the intersection. I felt a weird stirring in my guts that jolted me back to reality. I looked out my window and saw a car going 50 miles per hour, approaching us.

"DAD!" I yelled out, but it was too late.

My dad looked at me in surprise, but my mom's scream cut him off. Like a bullet, the left side of our car pushed in as I felt twisted steel and metal pierce me. I could only scream in pain as I was knocked unconscious. Without warning, out of nowhere, like a bullet from the night. There was crushed glass, rubber and steel. Before I went into unconscious, I could see a fire had started and lights glowed. I could hear the horrified screams of my parents and my brothers. Smoke poured over my eyes and there was a sudden stillness and blackened silence. As I slowly lost consciousness, there was no more screaming, no more cries. As I awoke, I was stunned, bewildered, cold and afraid. I realized that I wasn't in the car anymore, but at an unfamiliar place. I heard the beeping of machines and I realized that I had awoken in the hospital.

The doctor approached me, "Are you awake darling? Is everything alright?"

My vision was very blurry and I still couldn't comprehend anything. As I tried standing, pain shot up through my body.

"Ow!" I hissed, clutching my leg and that attracted the doctor.

"Take this for the pain," he told me as he handed me some capsules.

I took it with water and felt some pain fade, but it still hurt like heck. Another pain shot up my back and I convulsed in pain.

"I need the sedative!" the doctor yelled as a nurse came rushing in with some kind of gas mask.

She put it on me and I breathed in the gas. I felt relief flooding into me as it dulled most of the pain. I'll try my best to explain it. I felt like I was bathing in agony....but not just agony. It was calm, almost beautiful. I was in this wonderful misery, hopelessly drifting away. The sedatives kicked in as I lay half awake, the pain and panic fading. I lapsed into another unconsciousness as I drifted away to my 7th birthday party. My whole family was there and we were all laughing. It was one of the best memories I have ever had. After the memory passed, I woke up once more to find the doctor on his computer.

"D-Doc?" I asked, as he immediately turned to me.

"My family, are they okay? Please tell me they are!" I was basically pleading.

"Don't worry dear, just rest," the doctor told me as he turned back to his computer.

I sighed as I fell asleep once more. When I woke up once more, my mother and father were at my bedside, my dad holding my hand.

"Yvonne?" he asked, "Your awake!"

He embraced me as I embraced him too, tears falling.

"My brothers, are they fine?" I asked as my mom nodded graciously.

"Thank the Lord," she said as she began crying.

My whole family made it out alive and soon, we were out of the hospital. But, this memory remains. Day after day, and night after night, I replay the events. Did the other car see the red light? Over and over, scene by scene like a recurring nightmare haunting my dreams. How could anyone prepare for what could happen next? No one should ever see their mother or father in such a mess. It's a miracle we all lived and it's a blessing no one died. By the grace of God above, everyone survived......

I hope none of you ever have to experience a car crash.

Back