Issue 104

Okay, now that everything has been taken care of, I would like to address something:

I appreciate that everybody is excited for the new issue to come out each month, but please remember that we must take time to ensure that the pages we upload are functional and present the content well. When we see posts on the forum or messages in our inboxes asking us when the issue is coming or if the issue has been delayed, it does make us feel rushed, like Anton and GBAToad mentioned. When people jump on the wiki and start editing features for the new issue instead of waiting for us to fill them in, that does throw us off and make us have to double check everything that we have done.

I understand that the intent is to help us, but it ironically makes the process go much slower. I will do my best to make sure that the December and January editions come out in a more timely fashion, but I ask that you trust our ability to get the issue out ourselves.

Just wanna say, thank you so much for awarding the Staff-voted SotM to The Adventures of Little Mario! It was a huge surprise, and the summary was just so sweet: it was by far the highlight of my day to see the love and support you guys, and all the readers who vote on the regular SotMs, have for my silly lil' comic. It makes me wanna go write more, right now!

GBAToad said:
fake news continues its streak of being consistently hilarious
such good writers atm

<3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

In addition like Walkazo also did, I'd like to thank the staff for voting on Dear Anton for Staff Section of the Month, as well as winning the Fake News Section of the Month! While winning or being considered for these don't make or break my joy in making Dear Anton, it certainly makes me feel fantastic to see the hard work appreciated :blooper:

I also enjoy MCD's Forum Thread of the Month selecting my halloween thread and thus remiding me of my own very festive pumpkin~

Piggybacking off of this SOTM thread, I realized I haven't formally acknowledged that Guess Who! has won 9 Fun Stuff SOTMs since January 2015 (including the last article). As my column turns one year old, I would like to say that I'm actually super happy to see how much everyone enjoys this simplistic little game. I mean, somehow it won overall SOTM on Issue 100, which is crazy, and something I'm particularly thankful for.

Super Mario Bros. said:
When people jump on the wiki and start editing features for the new issue instead of waiting for us to fill them in, that does throw us off and make us have to double check everything that we have done.

Could this be referring to me...?

No, but seriously, I have a odd tendency to only see typos once my article is published, no matter how hard I proofread (and I do try my best to do so). I'd rather have these errors fixed before it's formally published, so you may see me edit some of my own articles when the 'Shroom is being built. I never touch formatting, though.

Please, if I'm doing any harm, please tell me. I would hate to slow you guys down. :P

fixing small typos and errors in your own article is fine, but I'd honestly prefer you wait until we've finished publishing everything before touching any of the pages so we don't get thrown off. Our primary problem, tho, is people editing things like the calendar, our templates, the main page itself for us; please don't. That's our job, and we do have a checklist we run through every month, so it just confuses things. I don't think you've done that.

Crocodile Dippy said:
fixing small typos and errors in your own article is fine, but I'd honestly prefer you wait until we've finished publishing everything before touching any of the pages so we don't get thrown off. Our primary problem, tho, is people editing things like the calendar, our templates, the main page itself for us; please don't. That's our job, and we do have a checklist we run through every month, so it just confuses things. I don't think you've done that.
I know this is talking about me. I just wanted to help you guys and hoped I was fixing the calendar right. I am very very sorry. I had no idea that I was slowing you guys down and I didn't mean any harm.

all good, broski. We're not super upset - we even mentioned in IRC when we were collaborating the release that we don't want to be too harsh since we know y'all just trying to help. It's just tidier for us to do that sort of gnome work. Thanks for the initiative, tho; that's always good to have.

Andymii said:
Piggybacking off of this SOTM thread, I realized I haven't formally acknowledged that Guess Who! has won 9 Fun Stuff SOTMs since January 2015 (including the last article). As my column turns one year old, I would like to say that I'm actually super happy to see how much everyone enjoys this simplistic little game. I mean, somehow it won overall SOTM on Issue 100, which is crazy, and something I'm particularly thankful for.
Good job Andymii! I never get SOTM in any of the ten issues I posted for The Shroom.

Back