Just curious, did anyone else here attend PAX AUS last weekend?

SKmaric

King Bowser
I cosplayed as a blue Inkling with a Takoroka Mesh on Friday and Saturday by the way.

I was there all three days, Dippy was also there on the Friday

I did see an inkling guy walking around, maybe it was you? Are you like really skinny?

Santa said:
Are you like really skinny?
I guess so? I specifically had the Takoroka Mesh and Zink Layered LS and I didn't see anyone else with that exact combination. Some of the panels I attended were the Super Mario Maker make-off and the Speedrunning panel immediately after so you may have also spotted me in line there.

I existed there for but a single day, and only for half the day because I had work. Next year, I plan to attend the full three days, hopefully with some actual cosplays.

@SK Yeeeaaahh idk what that combo is, I haven't played since May

I did mention to Dippy that you may be coming because I vaguely remember us chatting about it (irc maybe). But because I have no idea what you look like it was more, 'if we don't see a stick figure guy with Mario hat then idk.'

I went to both of those panels you mentioned and a few others but because I was with friends I wasn't paying attention to anyone else. I won the Mario Kart: Double Dash classic tournament if you happened to catch that

Ah well in that case I know I saw you for sure since I was there, like after the final round they weren't sure who's controller was who's so they gave the medal to the second placer and then realised and gave it to you.

Also I got second in the Mario Kart 8 tourney on Sunday, I was just wearing a splatoon hat from the Nintendo booth and a PAX Aus 2014 shirt from last year.

Santa said:
@SK Yeeeaaahh idk what that combo is, I haven't played since May
Geart_Headgear_Takoroka_Mesh.png
Geart_Clothing_Zink_Layered_LS.png

On the left is the Takoroka Mesh, on the right is the Zink Layered LS.

Anyways, I'm in America and didn't know PAX AUS was a thing so I would have unable to go anyways.

Yeah I definitely saw you walking around in that costume, I should have asked you for a photo

I was in one of the MK8 tournaments on Sunday, the one that started at 11. I came 4th in the final (well, 7th actually), which was fine because I hadn't played that in forever either and pretty sure I just fluked my way into the final anyway lol

But yes you definitely saw MKDD and me having to tell them that I was the winner, haha. At least it makes for a funny story and I think i ended up with a bigger applause for it. My friend recorded all my matches but missed that moment, rip :b

Back