Quizmo's thread full of his fabulous opinions on media (stuff I'm listening to)

QuizmoManiac

a rhinestone cowboy
Hey folks I'm gonna use these thread to post about music I'm listening to currently and also sometimes movies and stuff. Disclaimer: I'm not a particularly harsh critic so don't expect me offer amazing analytical opinions on anything posted here, this is mostly stuff I like.
To start it off here's 3 things that I thought were cool this week:

I re-listened to The Cold Vein by Cannibal Ox this weekend. This is a fuckin great album let me tell you (I've listened to it 10+). If you like rap at all you should definitely listen to this, and even if you don't like rap, this album is pretty unique and still worth the listen. I'll also be checking out Run the Jewels soon, a group that consists of partially of EL-P, who did the production for this album (and who is super talented).

The Velvet Underground and Nico by, The Velvet Underground and well, Nico. I just found this one recently, and unfortunately it's their only collaborative release. The subject matter is heavy going (drug abuse, sexual deviancy, etc.) if you're not into that.

Also, the trailer from the new Coen Brothers movie. I'm a massive fan of the Coens so I'm crazy excited for this. I got chills while watching this. You SHOULD be excited for this.

I illegally downloaded some Hawkwind and some Joy Division as well, so I'll probably post about those later

Back