Penn Zero: Part Time Hero

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
PZ is a fairly new show on Disney XD.

Its about high schooler Penn and his friends Boone and Sashi keeping the multiverse safe from his teacher Rippen.

The thing that sets this apart from other superhero shows is that the characters become the inhabitants and the inhabitants vary greatly ranging from traditional superheroes to things more unorthodox like cereal mascots and sports balls.

Definitely worth a watch although it is stale in the sense that Penn and his friends win everytime.

I find it kinda odd that Larry Wilmore's on this show.

I've seen the show before and it's alright. Reminds me of this old French cartoon called Walter Melon. Never seen it, but I read about it. The premise was that whenever trouble.happened but the superhero was busy, Walter would take his place and he would don the appropriate costume.

For some reason, the animation style bugs me, but a lot of the actual character designs are cool, the dialogue's pretty clever and I love the voice acting. It's VERY episodic and as was said before, the heroes always win, so the specific plots are pretty whatever, and the recurring secondary characters get so little screentime and remain flat props for the most part, but the central cast is good. I like how unashamedly un-macho the dudes are (like, saying "I love you" to each other (platonically), Penn teaching the villain to dance, etc.), the zero (afaik) ship tease with the token hyper-confident lone girl on the team (although her aggressive violence is a bit of a new twist), and as with many shows, the villains are my fave characters.

But I've only seen a handful of episodes - it's like MLP where I'll watch it if my bro's watching it and I'm in the room anyway, but don't like it enough to seek out on my own limited free time.

Back