Hunter (Pokémon X/Y-based Fanfiction)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a story I decided to do! I'm not great at writing fanfictions, but I decided to give it a shot (for once) and try see if people like it. The story of a trainer-turned Pokémon, and the revenge he seeks of a betrayal...

Prologue - Where It All Starts...

"You won't be sorry for this, Hunter, you immature fool... You ruined my life, my job, and made me lose reputation!" The voice of a young female came, a slight bit of loath in her accent.
The light flickered, showing a trainer confined to a seat with wire ropes, before blacking out.
"I mean, a Ranger like you doesn't have to screw up their job just to get admiration, then go against the rules! You knew better, you had your chance, Hunter...."
The light kept flickering, and the trainer became more easy to show. It was a male who's brown hair reached the shoulder, which looked as if it hadn't been brushed for days. His gray eyes showed bloodshot, and his gray jacket, blue shirt and gray shorts were slightly torn. The light stopped flickering, and a disguised figure came out.
"I'm not afraid to die, whoever you are. Your vile moves are never going to please the world from your self." Hunter stated. He spoke in a serious tone, but convincing was never going to work. "Don't worry, you're not going to die..." the figured pulled a syringe from her pocket, which was filled with a weird fluid. "You're just going to live making up for the failures you did battling and impressing trainers with intelligence higher than years..." the figure went closer to Hunter, before lowering her hand. The trainer kept moving away from the syringe, "Not a chance! You cannot do this!" However, the trainer couldn't move too far, and the syringe went into his left arm.
"Goodbye, Hunter, have a sleep and think about what you've done!" the sadistic girl left, and she threw a can of tear gas into the room. It was hopeless, Hunter was doomed. In less than a minute, he was knocked out, and the effects of the fluid were kicking in.

A few hours later...

Hunter woke up, feeling dizzy and lightheaded. Strangely, he wasn't in a dark room anymore, he was right next to a patch of grass near a bench, and was locked in a cage with a strong lock. There was no form of escape, he was fitted into the box like he was the pet of a trainer going on a holiday. Not only this, but he felt much shorter. He needed to escape, so he tried banging onto the cage multiple times to turn it over. However, he took a look at his arms, and he was shocked. Instead of arms, he had two light green wings, but he also noticed his feet had became the talons of the bird. That's when he got desperate to get out.

Minute after minute, the cage still wouldn't open. There wasn't any trainer nearby, so it made it worse. That's when Hunter fell back down, exhausted from failing to get out. However, suddenly, someone lifted up the cage and it went into the air, before being stuck in a tree. The door of the the cage slipped open, and Hunter fell to the ground, before landing with a bang.
"Are you OK? You seem hurt, but sorry for that. I was trying to help..."
Hunter woke up, noticing how short we was compared to his height he usually was. He looked around, but the only thing he could see was a beach-like town, a few benches, and a tree with the silhouette of a bird Pokémon in it. "Who are you, and could you please come down?" Hunter asked, and silhouette did. It was a Staraptor, but somehow, she had light blue feathers instead of brown, and black instead of gray, like a bird Hunter saw from a distinct region. "My name is Sky! Yours, Swellow?"
"Yours, Swellow?" was the sentence that made Hunter get shocked. "Yes, you are a Swellow. Go look in the puddle nearby." Sky mentioned, and he pushed Hunter near it. He looked into the puddle, and she wasn't lying.

Hunter was a Swellow, yes, out of any fate, he got one of the least desirable.

Chapter 1 - ...In the Very Beginning

Hunter took a breath and sighed; he didn't want her to know the truth yet, so the Swellow himself decided that we wouldn't say a word about it. "Are you introverted? Not that's it's a bad thing, but honestly, can you at least tell me your name?" Sky asked, the tone of her voice changing to a more serious one. Hunter looked back at her, and said so. "First of all, I am not introverted. And lastly, my name is Hunter." he told her, and Sky felt a bit more relaxed. "Heh, sure! If you ever want to talk to me again, just go up to the second-highest branch. I'll take my leave, so see ya soon." and with that, the Staraptor went up the tree.

After Sky's leave, Hunter decided to set out a plan. The transition from trainer to Pokémon was permanent, but he knew it was required to become on with the ways of the species he was. Revenge would be too burdensome at a time like this, so he decided if he wanted to know Sky better and meet a whole ton of rivals and friends, he would have to go on an adventure. That's when the idea made Hunter more confident in himself..

...it was time to go on an adventure, just like the days he had as a ranger, but better. But first, he would need to know the ways of mastering the art that was known as "battling".
The Swellow stood at the sand closest to the shore of the sea. He decided to do this so he could get attention and hopefully have his first battle in a new form. Minutes passed, and no one turned up, until he noticed someone was willing to fight. "Hey, scrub!" someone shouted, a rather emo female voice, "Don't just stand there! Come on, battle me!". Hunter saw a Talonflame nearby, and said the words that were perfect to start off the first battle.

"Bring it on!"

A battle started to commence, and the two were caught in the heat of a battle. "Take this!" the Talonflame shouted, and charged into the Swellow, with fire burning nearby, causing Hunter to have a brief moment of dizziness. Hunter retaliated to this with a simple Tackle, but it wasn't as effective as the Flame Charge the Talonflame had struck him with. "Come on, is that all you've got?!" she shouted, and knocked the Swellow over with a powerful hit from her wing. "You've got some nice skills there, but I'm not giving up yet!" Hunter got up, flew up into the air, and crashed down on the Talonflame, causing her to plunge into the water.
This ended the first battle, and Hunter clearly won, as the Talonflame started to spin around unconscious. "You... got... me... this time..." she muttered, but got up normally. "You're pretty decent, battle me again sometime." the Talonflame flew off into the distance, and Hunter started to take flight as well.

Flying seemed normal to Hunter, as he studied it at times, but it seemed to be more of a task Hunter thought it was...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back