Let's Play ZORK

>LOOK AT RAMP
There's nothing special about the chute.

>SOUTH
East of Chasm
You are on the east edge of a chasm, the bottom of which cannot be seen. A narrow passage goes north, and the path you are on continues to the east.

has anyone been making maps of this by the way

>EAST
Gallery
This is an art gallery. Most of the paintings have been stolen by vandals with exceptional taste. The vandals left through either the north or west exits.
Fortunately, there is still one chance for you to be a vandal, for on the far wall is a painting of unparalelleled beauty.

>TAKE PAINTING
Taken.

>WEST
East of Chasm
You are on the east edge of a chasm, the bottom of which cannot be seen. A narrow passage goes north, and the path you are on continues to the east.

>NORTH
Cellar
You are in a dark and damp cellar with a narrow passageway leading north, and a crawlway leading to the south. On the west is the bottom of a steep metal ramp wich is unclimbable.

>NORTH
The Troll Room
This is a small room with passages to the east and south and a forbidding hole leading west. Bloodstains and deep scratches (perhaps made by an axe) mar the walls.
A nasty-looking troll, brandishing a bloody axe, blocks all passages out of the room.

>GIVE PAINTING TO TROLL
The troll, who is not overly proud, graciously accepts the gift and not having the most discriminating tastes, gleefully eats it.

hey if it says north does that mean north from birds eye view or north from where we're standing (aka forward).

>GIVE SWORD TO TROLL
The troll, who is nor overly proud, graciously accepts the gift and, for the moment sated, throws it back. Fortunately, the troll has poor control, and the sword falls to the floor. He does not look pleased.

Kyon said:
return to chasm and go north
Doing this just returns to the cellar.

>SOUTH
Cellar
You are in a dark and damp cellar with a narrow passageway leading north, and a crawlway leading to the south. On the west is the bottom of a steep metal ramp wich is unclimbable.

>SOUTH
East of Chasm

>EAST
Gallery
This is an art gallery. Most of the paintings have been stolen by vandals with exceptional taste. The vandals left through either the north or west exits.

>NORTH
Studio
This appears to have been an artist's studio. The walls and floors are splattered with paints of 69 different colors. Strangely enough, nothing of value is hanging here. At the south of the room is an open door (also covered with paint). A dark and narrow chimney leads up from a fireplace; although you might be able to get up it, it seems unlikely you could get back down.
Loosely attached to a wall is a small piece of paper.

>TAKE PAPER
Taken.

>LOOK AT PAPER

Congratulations!

You are the priviliged owner of ZORK I: The Great Underground Empire, a self-contained and self-maintaining universe. If used and maintained in accordance with normal operating practices for small universes, ZORK will provide many months of trouble-free operation.

I think it's time for a reset, since we appear to have zero options left. What does everyone else think?

I mean we could try the door but considering we ate the lunch without knowing if we were hungry and we threw away the garlic and the painting, I don't think this is going to lead us anywhere useful. The knowledge amassed from this attempt is going to be very useful though.

we should probably reset soon but it might be worth it to explore a little more to see if we can learn anything else

go south

>SOUTH
Gallery

R.I.P. us.

EDIT: I did enter "SOUTH", but I somehow wrote "EAST". My mistake, my apologies.

Back