Undertale (plz click this topic <3)

also from what i played so far, papyrus is the best character
sans is pretty awesome too

I actually love that;
Flowey calls people out that don't have it in them to do genocide themselves and just watch it elsewhere.

Oh and Sans fucking destroyed me lmao. This is going to be a wild ride. The third time he just started his attack early, what a tricky guy.

The music is godlike.

I did it, I killed everyone.
After 2-3 hours of determination, I beat Sans. I could actually see myself improving and almost every attempt I was making progress, however slight it was. I thought that after the lasers I'd have to face some sort of ultra special attack but thanks to irc I had an idea of what to do. Though apparently I wouldn't have died if I moved, I would've just prolonged me figuring out what to do.

I sold my soul to the devil so my game is permanently tainted. A good reminder of how I conquered the Sans and Undyne fights despite being not so good at this reaction-based stuff. I'd recommend doing it just for the Sans fight.

Honestly, the genocide path was the one that made me feel accomplished, beating the really difficult stuff. It was interesting seeing things from a different perspective. When you help everyone the game is comical and light-hearted for most of it, when you kill everyone the game is lonely and makes you feel like the villain.

As far as endings/paths go in order of satisfaction, Genocide > Neutral > Pacifist. All of them were good but Genocide has my favourite moments in the game and Neutral's ending boss was better than Pacifist's.

Blue the Raptor said:
Wait who is the other? Is it Guilmon? If so I think TT had the theme longer.

it's ok to believe that, but you're wrong

flowey - xandalf
napstablook - nabber
toriel - dragonfreak
sans - marowak
papyrus - turb
doggo - guilmon
doggo - you
undyne - me
alphys - gabumon
mettaton - anton
muffet - ice

thats all i can think of

this game is amazing

edit:
temmie is fucking amazing
hOI!!

OKAY I'M GONNA USE A TEMMIE AVATAR AS A PLACEHOLDER UNTIL I DEFINITIVELY CAN THINK OF A NON SPOILERY UNDERTALE THEME.

Is Temmie even that much of a spoiler? I mean I didn't ever meet them except one in Genocide but I never found their town or whatever But really, Temmies are everywhere. They're like the Yoshis and Mr. Saturns of Undertale. It's not as bad as a -

Glowing eye Sans or Asriel avatar. Both of which would actually be really cool, but sadly Undertale is very sensitive with spoilers.

Honestly, I think if somebody doesn't want spoilers for Undertale they shouldn't get involved with the community until they beat it once. It's not that long of a game, either.

I assume Asriel is taken since you... well have Flowey. Anyway sheesh I still sort of don't want to be King Asgore

the problem is undertale has gotten so popular that the only real way to avoid spoilers is to get off the Internet

that's why I'm glad I played it when it came out

lol i can't beat undyne i'm so bad at this game
also napstablook is so cuuuuute
i want to give him a ghost hug

(spoilers in vid)

based dunkey

his reaction to flowey is the best

also, of utmost importance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdaduOiiR10

Just stand the the direction the bullets would fly to hit Mad Dummy and move away when the mini dummies shoot.

For the missiles, it's trickier, but spin them towards him.

so i finally cracked and watched joel's stream of this because i couldn't endure not being able to play it myself any longer. not knowing a single thing about the game aside from the names of the characters i've seen on here still made everything intense, but admittedly not as gut-punching as it would be if i played the game myself.

all i can say is: i'm buying this game in a heartbeat the second i can use steam again, fuck my shitty laptop so much D:

I am just stunned by how utterly amazing this game is. All of its characters are all so charming and well-developed; the dialogue was either so adorable i made audible 'awws' or so sad i was fighting tears to keep watching (which is saying something considering the last game that made me do that was VLR). I loved the bullet hell defense as well, it was a nice twist on the typical battle system which only added to the game's charm.

I don't have any regrets from watching the pacifist run first because the intro with goatmom, skeleton dating, any scene with mettaton or sans, tem village (colleg), were all wonderful moments I'll probably never forget, but I honestly couldn't handle the genocide run at all.

After almost pathetically weeping at Papyrus' death, I resigned to skipping most of the character battles and just focusing on the dialogue for certain parts so that I wouldn't miss the story. What really struck a nerve with me was the coldness in Papyrus' description: 'forgettable'. that cut me really deep for some reason when I watched it, and I decided I probably couldn't handle the rest of the cast being murdered if something like that was going to get to me the most. I mean, after seeing the ending and how the character you played was literally satan, that doesn't seem so bad now, but at the time I had no idea what to expect so...

It's pathetic I guess but oh well, I might go back and watch the geno run in full once I'm less sensitive to the characters. It probably wasn't a good idea to watch the pacifist and genocide runs back-to-back lol

I will say this though, after watching the genocide run, Sans is now one of my favourite video game characters, ever. I loved his laziness and horrible jokes in the pacifist run, but watching his completely badass boss battle in the genocide run and learning how self-aware and powerful he really is just makes him the most standout character to me. It was actually incredibly fitting for his character, and he and Papyrus are the best brother/skeleton duo to ever exist in gaming ever tbh. i'm like the 4th person to want to have sans as a theme lol

also joel got fucking dunked and it was incredibly sad to watch

I see this game compared to earthbound a lot and the comparisons are certainly valid, but this game entirely surpasses it in terms of batshit insanity (that flowery boss was something) and self-awareness (in fact, flowery himself is something, holy shit), which puts it on a level unlike anything else I've experienced. (Although, I could draw parallels with the genocide run and the game OFF but I'd personally consider Undertale to have handled its gameplay/dark story a bit better. However, both are still very unnerving.). I find it amazing how this game has two distinct stories that completely change the game and how it functions depending on which one you're going for, but in saying that I can't help but think that the wonder of that discovery would've been amplified had I not watched a stream where I knew what actions were going to be taken, and instead played it for myself, but that is what you get for watching the game on yt :I

all-in-all i'm extremely happy that i watched the stream and got to experience the game but a little regretful that i didn't wait until sometime next year to buy/try it myself for a more personal discovery. it'll certainly be one of the first games i buy whenever i can access steam again.

tl;dr story is good, i wish i could play the game myself. sans is best character

Back