Norton Security: Worth it or it is just a nusiance?

yoshiking14x

Retired
Am I better without it?

I mean because every time when I have it the Internet sometimes will become a blank page that does not respond. But then again, there are those malware and hackers.

A don't dare scold me about posting this topic in the Mario Boards, it is on the Off-Subject Discussion.

go get avast its free and about as good.

i have norton on this and no viruses, i got lazy and stopped paying it on the old laptop and now its a possessed demon machine

i say worth it, though i've never had blank internet pages with it, that might not be norton

MORE DETAILS: When I have Norton on it usually works normally. In some occasions the page of Google Chrome is all white and the squares are empty. If I try to search something, it takes too long to respond. It a strange behavior of Norton Security.

I think this RoseHorse and Bigdady
Some bizzare selections from connection settings of my Toshiba laptop
are somehow responsible to this. I never seen them before and they appeared in the same day my internet was gone.

if you want my computer hardware teacher's advice, Norton is better than nothing

best thing would be to have two or three anti viruses on separate usbs so you can go safe mode and scan with each of them

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
if you want my computer hardware teacher's advice, Norton is better than nothing

best thing would be to have two or three anti viruses on separate usbs so you can go safe mode and scan with each of them
The multiple USB bit is more than a suggestion; make sure you don't have multiple anti-viruses on your computer at the same time, or else major bad things can happen.

Time Turner said:
BEEEEEAAARRRS said:

The multiple USB bit is more than a suggestion; make sure you don't have multiple anti-viruses on your computer at the same time, or else major bad things can happen.
Very well thanks all, but does it affect the internet? I need it for college.

Back