Help with corrupted SD card

Hobbes

Tucayo
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
I needed to free space on my Android phone so I moved photos and videos to the SD card yesterday. Today I had to unmount the card and when I next mounted it all images were gone, but about half of the size they were taking up was still on the SD. I put the SC in my computer and got this:

v4dje8P.png

Any ideas on what I can do or if it's even possible I'd recover my images?

There's also a LOST.DIR folder with a lot of files. Those are like 8kb, so I tried to change the extension to any extension an image might have used but nothing useful happened.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ambassador-guides-tips-how-s/359981-guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

google said this

i have no experience with android phones so i cant say if it works but its probably worth a try anyways

also an image is never 8 kb. thats sounds more like a txt file.

Eri Ayase said:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ambassador-guides-tips-how-s/359981-guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

google said this

i have no experience with android phones so i cant say if it works but its probably worth a try anyways

also an image is never 8 kb. thats sounds more like a txt file.
Thanks!! I was able to recover a minimal fraction of my images and they are now in a pretty shitty resolution, so maybe that's why they're so small? Otherwise, the files with the weird names and 0b size still show up as such.

that could be

the files with the weird names are probably damaged beyond repair since i had a broken usb drive before and there was that. idk though you could google for "corrupt sd card android fix" thats what i did.

Eri Ayase said:
that could be

the files with the weird names are probably damaged beyond repair since i had a broken usb drive before and there was that. idk though you could google for "corrupt sd card android fix" thats what i did.
Yeah, I figured they were already lost forever. Tried that, I managed to recover a few files that just had their extensions changed but nothings besides from that.

Back