Issue 100

special issue 101 is directed by me and all sections are made by me as well :yoshi:

technically i didnt convince the core staff yet but

soon

Spruced up a few things here and there, and also added a submission that got lost in the inbox; Lily's Random Sketch of a new character from Fire Emblem: Fates! Because it took a few days to get it up there, I'll post it here for everyone to see:
LilyShroomSubmission.png

Congratulations on the 100th issue, 'Shrooms staff.

I had fun reading the issue. Fun Stuff is my favourite section in The 'Shroom.

Nicely done everybody! I wanted to do something, but I couldn't think of anything to write.

Judd said:
Congratulations on the 100th issue, 'Shrooms staff.

I had fun reading the issue. Fun Stuff is my favourite section in The 'Shroom.
Well don't you worry, then; there are still plenty more plans left in store for Fun Stuff!

KPH2293 said:
Nicely done everybody! I wanted to do something, but I couldn't think of anything to write.
That's OK, there's always the holiday issue if you want to write for us! With any luck, you'll have a few ideas by then.

Also, to everyone whose managed to read the whole thing yet; what were the highlights for you? What were the pleasant surprises? What could've been done better, what would you like to see changed in the future?

Crocodile Dippy said:
Spruced up a few things here and there, and also added a submission that got lost in the inbox; Lily's Random Sketch of a new character from Fire Emblem: Fates! Because it took a few days to get it up there, I'll post it here for everyone to see:
LilyShroomSubmission.png

Is that Aqua's son?

Crocodile Dippy said:
Also, to everyone whose managed to read the whole thing yet; what were the highlights for you? What were the pleasant surprises? What could've been done better, what would you like to see changed in the future?
It's really hard to choose, but my favorite sections were 8-bit Amphitheater, Transgenderism on Video Games, Pirates of the Gamer Plebeians, A History of Video Games, and the Porple Interview. This was also the best Fun Stuff I have ever seen.

What a great, well-made issue! I wasn't expecting that new strategy team, I think I'd like to have a section for that!

Pyro said:
What a great, well-made issue! I wasn't expecting that new strategy team, I think I'd like to have a section for that!
Heeeey you'll be writing for both the Team Fortress 2 bugger, in that case. Remember that available sections aren't merely restricted to what's on the sign-up page; if you have your own cool idea you think would work well for Strategy Wing, then bring it up. We're always open to new ideas.

Hobbes said:
It's really hard to choose, but my favorite sections were 8-bit Amphitheater, Transgenderism on Video Games, Pirates of the Gamer Plebeians, A History of Video Games, and the Porple Interview. This was also the best Fun Stuff I have ever seen.
1) The Katamari remix was the highlight for me in Stooben's section, if not because he made it specifically for me. I mentioned it as a joke, but when he showed me the demo of it, I said "you actually fucking did it, you asshole". It was the best b-day gift anyone has given me in quite some time.
2) Holy shit, that one had better have been a highlight, because I worked my ass off for that one. I tell you, writing advice columns and reviews are so much easier because you don't need to source bloody everything; writing ain't the issue, it's finding confirmation for the info you have.
3) Insomniac Games strike again. Still one of my favourite stories in the rich tapestry of gaming.
4) I honestly feel like this is what A History of Video Games should be used more for; not giving a chronological detailing of each generation like it used to be, but taking one particular aspect of the industry and delving deep into that topic, giving it the full attention and research.
5) Who woulda thunk Porple was such a dork?

also riddles was super fun to write, I should do more of them down the track

Viper26 said:
3 words: Best issue yet!
We're hoping to keep up momentum up until the holiday issue. Yeah sure, the upcoming issues won't be as big as this one, but we want to keep making each issue special. But hey, at least y'all have some fun games to play for a while, such as;
1) The 'Shroom Mafia III
2) The Mad Libs contest hosted on Fake News
3) The User Word Search contest hosted on Fun Stuff
4) The RARE-themed Flag Design contest hosted on Palette Swap!
5) Ultimate Character Tournament 2015

I finally finished it today 8)

Great job all that contributed, definitely the best issue we have ever done.

Back