Big Brother 17

Is it me or did they take a long time to release who the houseguests were this time? It felt like it was shorter lasst year.

DragonFreak said:
Is it me or did they take a long time to release who the houseguests were this time? It felt like it was shorter lasst year.

Not really. They reveal the houseguests when they go into the house. The show starts in about nine days, so they are actually revealing them a little early.

We'll find out the houseguests at 11am EST tomorrow.

If I ever do post here it's obviously going to be about big brother haha.

Anyway I like Da'Vonne. Can't stand Liz, but other than that I'll keep an open mind. And ugh the twist is cringeworthy

idk names well enough to spell them right at the moment so just whatever but

I've barely been watching this and am literally watching the 2nd episode right now but I'm over so many people already. The gay dude is way too gay, he's like the gays I follow on tumblr but in real life and it's just so gross and it's embarrassing to see it happen. He's trying to hard to emulate the gifs he reblogs. The nerd is ugh too and the dentist has such a shit voice I can't even listen to it.

I like DaVonne the most and the other poker player Vanessa or whatever something kinda although she's trying too hard. Jackie is ok too. I like Shelli even though she's boring because she's thirsty as fuck and I enjoy watching that.

Jace or whoever needs to stop saying bro. So much ugh. I'm so out of touch with this season and like there's only 3 people or so I'm interested in so idk if my focus will last long. So much cringe and second-hand embarrassment this season and it's not even the good drama kind ugh UGH.

A lot of people have mellowed out, and are much more enjoyable now than they were.

I definitely think this is a good cast though, even though it seemed really fishy at first with some of the people (Meg, Jace, John...), but it seems like we'll get some great convos and strong players.

Well yeah by the 3rd episode it seems like gay dude already ran out of catchphrases so he's done for the season. The geeky weirdo goes to the college in my town and wowo does he sure exemplify the populace, the only thing that would make it more perfect would be if he was the flamer.

Da'Vonne remains my favorite and Vanessa too. They're people who claim to have strategies and actually do for real have them, rather than just bullying your way into having the largest alliance.

Next twist should be bringing Victoria back for another chance :birdo:

if da'vonne goes home I'm done watching the season

Derpl Zork said:

That's most likely the case, unless they can convince Shelli that Audrey is a bigger threat, but strategicallly, it would be smart for Shelli to keep Audrey - a bigger target than her that will be on her side as well. Da'Vonne is paranoid as heck - not as bad as Devin though - and is kind of crazy and playing the game too personally, which is just ticking people off.

I won't be that sad if Da'Vonne goes. She had two chances, and even was in an alliance with Shelli at some point, but now she's on the block on the way home. One way that might save her is if she's the 7th caller, and then rallies enough votes to stay, but it all depends who replaces John. If Liz is the nominee replacement, Da'Vonne is for sure going home. If someone like Audrey or Austin or Jeff are put on the block, it could potentially save Da'Vonne, but gamewise Shelli will go safe since it's too soon to ruffle feathers like that.

Lapis Lazuli said:
Derpl Zork said:

That's most likely the case, unless they can convince Shelli that Audrey is a bigger threat, but strategicallly, it would be smart for Shelli to keep Audrey - a bigger target than her that will be on her side as well. Da'Vonne is paranoid as heck - not as bad as Devin though - and is kind of crazy and playing the game too personally, which is just ticking people off.

I won't be that sad if Da'Vonne goes. She had two chances, and even was in an alliance with Shelli at some point, but now she's on the block on the way home. One way that might save her is if she's the 7th caller, and then rallies enough votes to stay, but it all depends who replaces John. If Liz is the nominee replacement, Da'Vonne is for sure going home. If someone like Audrey or Austin or Jeff are put on the block, it could potentially save Da'Vonne, but gamewise Shelli will go safe since it's too soon to ruffle feathers like that.

well the producers better be shitting themselves because she's the only chance they have at having a season that's not as fucking boring and stereotypical as the rest of the cast, so unless they pull some strings to keep her in or tell someone else that they need to fucking have a personality too, they're in for a season of ugh where a majority of america doesn't give a shit who wins like the last 2 seasons

Derpl Zork said:
Lapis Lazuli said:
Derpl Zork said:

well the producers better be shitting themselves because she's the only chance they have at having a season that's not as fucking boring and stereotypical as the rest of the cast, so unless they pull some strings to keep her in or tell someone else that they need to fucking have a personality too, they're in for a season of ugh where a majority of america doesn't give a shit who wins like the last 2 seasons

I really have to disagree, since there are tons of other players - Audrey, Meg, Jason, John, Steven - That will keep things entertaining even with Da'Vonne gone. Besides, Da'Vonne is not a favorite for the fans. The last two seasons we basically had to deal with the bigoted talk from a ton of the players, with Elissa taking a ton of crap from Amanda and Andy being a rat the entire game, and then this past season where brainless Caleb and celebrity's brother won everything and got rid of all the girls, preventing anything interesting except having to listen to everyone being controlled by Derrick and all the whining from Victoria and Frankie. Sadly the past two seasons the winners were either someone that a major portion of viewers did not like basically at all, or made the entire season boring because they were controlling the house from the start of the game.

Lapis Lazuli said:
Derpl Zork said:
Lapis Lazuli said:
Derpl Zork said:

I really have to disagree, since there are tons of other players - Audrey, Meg, Jason, John, Steven - That will keep things entertaining even with Da'Vonne gone. Besides, Da'Vonne is not a favorite for the fans. The last two seasons we basically had to deal with the bigoted talk from a ton of the players, with Elissa taking a ton of crap from Amanda and Andy being a rat the entire game, and then this past season where brainless Caleb and celebrity's brother won everything and got rid of all the girls, preventing anything interesting except having to listen to everyone being controlled by Derrick and all the whining from Victoria and Frankie. Sadly the past two seasons the winners were either someone that a major portion of viewers did not like basically at all, or made the entire season boring because they were controlling the house from the start of the game.

But I think there should be a distinction made between people who can be entertaining, and those who are technically entertaining but are super fucking annoying. Maybe it's just opinions and taste level but really this season is super fucking stereotypical and archetypal and everyone is just really annoying within their roles and Da'Vonne and maybe Audrey are the only ones who have really like....not annoyed me a whole ton. Perhaps it's that I have a different outlook because I don't plant my ass on cbs.com to watch the live-feeds all day, so I'm reliant on just the parts I see, and from what I've seen using that list of people you gave as your interesting examples: Audrey has been victim to editing that's just "WOW LOOK AT HER SHE'S TRANSGENDER LET'S MAKE EVERY TOPIC ABOUT HER BOYS VS. GIRLS BTW DID YOU HEAR SHE'S TRANSGENDER"; Meg the generic NYC girl whose personality is being a city girl with gay friends; Jason who is literally the gayest piece of shit tumblr ever could have created and he makes me want to become straight; John is literally impossible to listen to when he speaks (although his dentist dating bit thing was neat so I'll give him a chance if he stops talking like he just snorted coke); and Steven who goes to the college in my town and is nearly fully representative of it--gigantic music nerd who can't do anything other than provide all of the secondhand embarrassment you could need (what would make him a perfect rep would be if he was the unreasonably gay one).

Along with it being my personal perception from what's been shown to me, it's also likely due to it only being the beginning of week 2. My opinions will mature as they always do with every season as it goes on, but it's really discouraging to have what really appears to be the only non-irritating entertainment being targeted and likely to be booted.

absolutely disgusted

call me back when they bring her back

Lapis Lazuli said:
I really have to disagree, since there are tons of other players - [...]Meg[...] - That will keep things entertaining even with Da'Vonne gone.

Personally she's in a close contest with Becky for the title of least interesting houseguest. She just hasn't really stood out much to me and I would have preferred if she had gone home instead of Da'vonne tonight. Oh well.

I'm not that upset with Day's leaving. I will miss her drama, but - sorry to disagree with you Anton - it felt a bit forced and she was playing too emotional and it was bound to happen. I do feel bad that she had to leave so soon, and I would have wanted Meg to go out over Day since I don't like Meg.

I'm really excited that Austin and Vanessa are both HoH; this is a great week to go after a strong player, since they both know they won't backdoor each other. I know that Liz is safe (I'm really rooting for Liz to make it to Week 5 so that both of them can play and it'll be cool), and I think Clay and Shelli are safe since they're in cahoots right now, meaning that the other side of the house might not be safe. I know that Audrey and Steve may be in trouble, since Audrey for obvious reasons and Steve because Austin doesn't feel comfortable leaving Steve in the house for too long.

Me: "Hmmm, new post in the topic. Oh, it's BMB, let's see what he has t---"

Lapis Lazuli said:
I'm not that upset with Day's leaving.

Me: "
fmoxYWs.gif
"

I did read your full post though and while I dry heaved several times over what you said I did survive long enough to see that you wanted Meg gone instead so that's ok. I'm ok with Austin and Vanessa since I don't actively hate them like pretty much everyone else. I only care for Liz/Julia for the twist and after that comes out they can go just like every other generic white woman in there. I hope Steve goes because he's got that combination of being gross and cringeworthy plus fan support and love; and now that Da'Vonne is gone I can go back to liking Shelli and watching how thirsty she is.

Also the producers are gonna pull strings to get Da'Vonne back, they already tried with that 7th caller thing so they've gotta try again.

Well, it seems that James or Jeff will be going home. Audrey will survive another week, which I'm not that upset about. I do think that Audrey needs to stop trying to manipulate people when it's obviously just making her a bigger threat.

And lol, I understand with that last post. They definitely were able to spice it up with Da'Vonne having the last laugh, but it wasn't enough. And now Meg is having a freaking breakdown and getting so paranoid with things and is really annoying.

Sapphire said:
Even I kind of want Audrey to go home now

Don't worry; she will.

Also, if Liz can survive this week, then she'll be golden for her and Julia to be in the game together! I really hope she makes it; she's so close. Also, I think everyone that has been evicted so far have been people that I really don't mind seeing out of the house (with the exception of maybe Da'Vonne, since while annoying and overdramatic was funny to watch). I think the target for next week is Austin, so that'll be interesting. I think that if James and Jason got HoH, then it would be Shelly and Vanessa as one pair nominated and Austin and Clay as the other pair.

THEY DID IT!

THEY DID IT!

Liz beasted the competition, because James was throwing it, and Liz and James won the BoB, and Jackie is no longer HoH, meaning that Liz and Julia are safe for the week, meaning that Julia will now come into the house this upcoming week!

YES YES YES YES YES!

Back