Can't load the Homebrew Browser on Wii

-----

the coolest dude ever
Pronouns
he/him
man, i can get into the homebrew channel, then i try load up the homebrew browser and all i get is read error -6 occured over and over again

pls help i'm new to this :'(

edit: i also don't have an internet connection on this wii so uh... could that be it?

yes

when you start the homebrew browser it tries to parse the server

if it cant it wont load

how did you install the homebrew channel without internet lol

Eri Ayase said:
yes

if it cant it wont load

well i mean

y'know computers and stu- shut up :'(

this can be locked (unless it still doesn't work in which case i'll go punch something)

Paul Heyman said:
Eri Ayase said:
yes

if it cant it wont load

well i mean

y'know computers and stu- shut up :'(

this can be locked (unless it still doesn't work in which case i'll go punch something)
bahahahahahaha.

It's rocket science goodseh. I had to use internet to install homebrew in my currently stolen wii... sigh rip metroid prime ;-;

*punches something*

so i got internet onto my wii

it cannot access the repository list, and just keeps giving me read error -128, -81, then right back to -6

pls help again ;-;

edit: it also cannot access the IP address of hackmii.com (or bootmii.com i can't remember)

Paul Heyman said:
*punches something*

so i got internet onto my wii

it cannot access the repository list, and just keeps giving me read error -128, -81, then right back to -6

pls help again ;-;

edit: it also cannot access the IP address of hackmii.com (or bootmii.com i can't remember)
why don't you simply uninstall it then reinstall it?

well rocket science has failed; i just deleted the homebrew browser off my wii, reinstalled it, and same thing

is it at all possible that downloading the hackless version of project m on this same sd card/wii is screwing around with the files?

Paul Heyman said:
well rocket science has failed; i just deleted the homebrew browser off my wii, reinstalled it, and same thing

is it at all possible that downloading the hackless version of project m on this same sd card/wii is screwing around with the files?
one solution.

FORMAT THE HELL OUT OF YOUR SD CARD.

step 2.

REINSTALL WITH SAID FORMATTED SD CARD.

because i'm an idiot and horribly dependant on you people, after formatting the SD card, with the homebrew channel loaded up onto my wii, do i just need to keep the apps folder from here on out?

i used letterbomb and i've never ever done homebrew so sorry if i look stupid :-[

brb i need to look up what the datatree for the homebrew channel was again

okay there should be some files except for your apps folder.

you keep those too

else drag all the folders with software you want to install into the apps folder and be connected to the internet at all times

also make sure youre using a SD card and not a SDHC

and deleting an app from the apps folder also deletes it from your wii because all hacked data is actually stored on the sd card despite what it may look like

im not sure what your problem is, then

i can try starting it up now and see what i can do

EDIT: how far exactly does the boot get for you?

or doesnt it start AT ALL?

aaanyways, for reference, this is what your data should look like for it to work:

HLy56Xm.png

(most of those files should be on yours as well except for the ys.wad and all folder except for apps and private)

nOx2pdJ.png

^this is in a folder in the apps folder, as you can see
which matters the most of those is the boot.dol, without it the homebrew browser cant be loaded.

Source: my SD Card, I just tested it hombrew browser works fine

Also all of this is PAL, but iirc the homebrew channel is the same in all regions.

Eri Ayase said:
does the homebrew channel still start?

oh yeah the channel itself is installed

it gets into the process of loading the homebrew browser and then it goes poof after many errors

hbb_startup.jpg

this is what the completed startup screen of the homebrew browser looks like (or at least i think its accurate, id need to start it up again to check EDIT: yeah except for the stored ip adress part, for me it connects directly, but both methods work, also the latest version is 0.3.9e it wont work if you have an older one)

how far exactly does it get?

it attempts to request the repositories list and then i just get errors everywhere

did you enter the correct mac address of your wii while setting up the homebrew channel?

also check version number

Eri Ayase said:
did you enter the correct mac address of your wii while setting up the homebrew channel?

also check version number

i used letterbomb so this should all be correct

okay i installed it manually but w/e

then i honestly dont know what the problem is. the error seems to be triggered after connecting to the server so its not that. i could try to reinstall everything myself and see if theres anything you (or letterbomb) might have missed but i dont really want to.

manual installing wasnt that easy anyways so i dont recommend

eh it's ok; there isn't much i needed out of homebrew anyway

this thread can be locked

you can also install all the apps you want manually

like really all that the homebrew browser does is download unzip and copy into the apps folder

the hard part is getting most things to work, anyways

it took me 2 days to get the ps1 emulator to run properly, for example

anyways yeah lock

Back