File Recovery

So my computer - which has Windows 8 - had an update last night, which it usually has (usually a couple months or a couple weeks), and everything seemed fine. Today though I was deciding to work on this project I've been working on for the past 6 months that I spent a lot of time on, and it suddenly just vanished. Was not in the trash folder, was not anywhere on my hardrive, just...gone. I just...am a bit pissed. I can recreate it, but that's going to take forever.

I decided to google how to fix it, and so I got this program called Yodot, but every time I open it and click on one of the two options (Deleted File Recovery/Lost File Recovery), it'll begin to load and then a box will come up saying "Yodot has stopped responding" and I don't really know how to fix it.

I just...I really want that file back. I have fragments of it saved in other areas, but not as much as the whole file was. If anyone can help with this, it would be much appreciated.

Basically, if you didn't save a backup of your hard drive on an external harddrive, every other program will just do the same recreation process windows does (at least thats what i think it works like), so you can also do that.

yeah it does take a while but i don't really see any other options.

Back