Please Help Me! So click on this

Status
Not open for further replies.
supermario900 said:
OK. So how does everybody get those pictures by there username? I really want to know. So ShyGuy27 or StoobenRooben Help ME!
Why only me or Stooben? Almost everyone has an avatar.

Go to your profile; click on 'Forum Profile Information'. At the top, you have your avatar settings. You have two options. The first is "I have my own pic". With this, you find a picture online, copy the image location, and paste it into the bar next to that option.

The second option is "I will upload a pic". With this, you have to have a file saved on your computer that you'll upload as your avatar. That should solve it.

Stooben Rooben said:
Go to your profile; click on 'Forum Profile Information'. At the top, you have your avatar settings. You have two options. The first is "I have my own pic". With this, you find a picture online, copy the image location, and paste it into the bar next to that option.

The second option is "I will upload a pic". With this, you have to have a file saved on your computer that you'll upload as your avatar. That should solve it.

You forgot to mention, if you have your own pic, youre gonna have to shrink/crop it to 125x125 px first so the forum allows it.

Toadbert101 said:
Stooben Rooben said:

You forgot to mention, if you have your own pic, youre gonna have to shrink/crop it to 125x125 px first so the forum allows it.
When I uploaded an avatar I had a while ago, it autocropped it.

Stooben Rooben said:
Toadbert101 said:
Stooben Rooben said:

It never happens to me

:(

Toadbert101 said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Toadbert101 said:
Stooben Rooben said:

It never happens to me

Either:

1. KB size was WAY to high.
2. Your image was a something other than jpeg or gif.
3. Both 1 and 2.

Ghost Jam said:
Toadbert101 said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Toadbert101 said:
Stooben Rooben said:

It never happens to me

Either:

3. Both 1 and 2.

oic, I always made them PNG.

Toadbert101 said:
Ghost Jam said:
Toadbert101 said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Toadbert101 said:
Stooben Rooben said:

It never happens to me

Either:

3. Both 1 and 2.

oic, I always made them PNG.

Wait, png doesn't work?
also inb4lock

Generally speaking, most forums I've used prefer that you use GIF or JPEG, but I believe that Smiddle is correct.

I believe JPG/JPEG and GIF are universal files. Any computer allows them to be uploaded without trouble. PNG is a more restricted file extension that only works for specific computers. BMP and TIFF are undesirable and extremely large file extensions that virtually no computers will recognize on theses forums as well as almost any other.

Stooben Rooben said:
I believe JPG/JPEG and GIF are universal files. Any computer allows them to be uploaded without trouble. PNG is a more restricted file extension that only works for specific computers. BMP and TIFF are undesirable and extremely large file extensions that virtually no computers will recognize on theses forums as well as almost any other.

BMP works nowhere but Paint, it seems.

Toadbert101 said:
Stooben Rooben said:

M$ has done it again. :D

Toadbert101 said:
Stooben Rooben said:

There are other programs that can read BMP files. Photoshop can, depending on your version and image compression.

The only site I know of off the top of my head that accepts them is GameFAQs, and that's only if the image is normally huge.

oops i got an similair question. sorry
anyway i shall try do it through a site.

I can see you already have an avatar set from a web picture, so I don't need to tell you about that.

Just a question to anyone reading; the avatar size limit is 125x125, isn't it? I wonder why it doesn't say that when you select a new avatar...

≥£Ú said:
I can see you already have an avatar set from a web picture, so I don't need to tell you about that.

Just a question to anyone reading; the avatar size limit is 125x125, isn't it? I wonder why it doesn't say that when you select a new avatar...
yeah that was weird to, because i didn't get it why ti didn't say anything if it is to big or that it is the good size?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back