Reliable map websites

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
I haven't been finding Google, Yahoo, Bing or Mapquest to be particularly helpful and I'd like to know if there are any other websites out there I could use.

I am curious as for what you require, because Google Maps is pretty darn extensive in functionality and features. Maybe I or someone else can point to how to do something in GM you my have overlooked.

Just driving directions and maybe walking directions if I need to go to an urban city like Chicago.

Google often gives me street names that never shows up when I'm driving to my destination or with other websites, i would perform "tests" by typing in destinations I already knew how to get to and they would give me instructions I knew were wrong like "make a U Turn to enter parking lot".

In short, all I'm looking for is accurate driving directions.

Many of those map sites are reliant on crowdsourcing and whatever so if you notice an error you should fix it. Beyond that, I've found Google Maps to be the most reliable one whenever I need to travel or have a delivery shift. Even if it's not spot on I can at least look around with Street View and get a feel for things, or at least be in the general area and then use my incredible gift of free will and human thought to figure out that if it's telling me to turn down a street that I don't want to turn down that I probably shouldn't turn down it and either consult locals to get correct directions or just be a bit more aware of my surroundings and look. If you're concerned about fine details like "it told me to make a U-Turn to get into a parking lot even though I can see I can just make a left here" then my suggestion is to just do that.

If that's too much for you, buy a physical map as long as it's recent. Big cities will more than likely have highly detailed maps for you to purchase at local gas stations or tourist stops or wherever. Otherwise, there's not much better you can get.

Back