How do I stream a movie.

Guiliant

Shine Sprite
Pronouns
He/They
I want to watch a movie with a friend over the internet tomorrow, but I don't know how to stream it for him so we can watch it at the same time. Maybe chat about what's going on, you know what I mean?

But I don't know how. What kind of programs would I need? I have the movie file I'd like to watch, but I don't know how to be able to watch it with him.

Is this a YouTube video?

You could use Instasynch or Togethertube provided that you have an account.

If not from YouTube, I can't help.

E: You could probably load the video's file in there and watch it.

Nah it's an .mkv file I have on my PC. Someone else suggested Watch2gether and those similar services, but it isn't a Youtube video or anything like that

Sorry, but idk how to help other than take a video of it, upload it to YouTube, put it on one of the things I mentioned earlier, and watch.

But that is entirely impractical, so use that as a last resort.

Sorry, I can't help much more.

try procaster

livestream has a rly weird setup because it's split between the "new" site and the "old" site. i think procaster automatically prompts you to make an old account, but if it doesn't, make one here

after you log in on the program it's pretty self-explanatory, select no camera and go live, open the movie in mpchc or whatever video player you use and resize the box so it fits the screen, then link the channel to your friend(s). they shouldn't need an account to start chatting or anything. also you might have to mess with mic settings or something beforehand, i'm not entirely sure

ty turby it worked lovely after messing around with it :birdo:

Back