Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation)

Re: Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright and Conquest)

Effie said:
did fe even have fanservice before awakening

i know fe6-12 didnt.

Pretty much every dancer other than Ninian have fanservicey designs, especially Sylvia from Genealogy (FE4).

latest

Lightspeed said:
Effie said:
did fe even have fanservice before awakening

i know fe6-12 didnt.
Oliver_Fire_Emblem_2188.png

zae this guy still exists
there's fanservice in fe9 and fe10

Oliver is simply fabulous.

well i never use dancers so i probably never noticed.

They're pretty useless.

Aside from olivia but class rechange and all that.

Dancers are one of the best classes. Giving your best unit an extra action (or 4 in Reyson's case) is really good.

Marcia said:
Dancers are one of the best classes. Giving your best unit an extra action (or 4 in Reyson's case) is really good.

eh they cant survive though for shit and i dont need an extra action to dominate, so i dont waste a slot on them.

Effie said:
Marcia said:

eh they cant survive though for shit and i dont need an extra action to dominate, so i dont waste a slot on them.

If you use them carefully, they'll never even be attacked. Plus Ninian and Nils can use the stat buffing rings, which give them even more utility. And the Herons can do other shit which makes them helpful. But I guess their utility depends on your playstyle.

eh i guess, i just never used them much, infact i dont think ive used one since my first playthrough of fe7.

So apparently the English version of Fates is 2028 blocks larger, so it looks like dual audio is probably still in.

I'm so used to hearing the Japanese voices that listening to the English ones was strange (especially the ones that just sound way different), I know the option was there in Awakening but wasnt sure if it would be back for this one so that's good.

I'm probably just going to use English voices because I don't understand a word of Japanese

think ill use both on each different playthroughs.

I know its fire emblem so ill have plenty of opportunities to use both.

speaking of english dubs, i'm excited that the english version of lost in thoughts all alone is coming the with corrin dlc for smash but tbh nothing can top the japanese version

or should i say versions thanks to this vid i watched, it's the only thing i've spoiled myself on so far and it was so worth it
the nohr version is amazing

GBAToad said:
or should i say versions thanks to this vid i watched, it's the only thing i've spoiled myself on so far and it was so worth it

lol at garon at the end of the nohr version

also azura's voice sounds signifigantly deeper in the nohr version

Marcia said:
GBAToad said:

lol at garon at the end of the nohr version

also azura's voice sounds signifigantly deeper in the nohr version
yeah lol. i wonder if he ded

also yeah i agree, maybe it was a different singer?
regardless i'm anxious to hear the localised version, hopefully they don't butcher it any further with those broken lyrics

has anyone gotten the special edition lately or was it just those preorders a few months back only? i cant find it anywhere rn
its a sad day
well i guess i missed preorders if thats the case but i hope theyre in stores still
i dont want to spend $50 + $50 + dlc money when i can get so much more for only a small price of $100

ha ha

fuck canada

If you own one version, you can just download the other one at half price or something like along those lines. If you own Conquest, Birthright is cheaper and vice versa. The third path is always cheaper since it requires at least one of the other two versions.

Even that kinda sucks because it's going to be minimum $100 over here for people who want it all, the cheapest I can find Conquest is $55.

The Live2d models and dialogue are confirmed to still be in the NA version, petting is gone. Polygon did a stream of it, and it's over Gamefaqs and the Fire Emblem reddit too.

Thank god they kept the models and dialogue.

i am so happy, thanks gamefreak.

So apparently it just plays a bit of dialogue with an animation like you'd get if you completed the minigame

Honestly that's not a bad compromise (still not fond of the whole idea but oh well), glad to see we still get extra dialouge and the models

This is a lot better. It seems a lot more natural to have a normal conversation to make someone love you, than to pet their faces to make someone love you.

No dual audio apparently rip

Well I'll just have to get used to Effie/Nyx/Felicia's voices somehow. The rest aren't terrible, I'm not concerned with what bad voices there are for Birthright characters at the moment but I'm sure there's a few out there.

In other news, they made Elise an adult lmao I guess that was an expected change but I find it hilarious.

Oh and yay about the live2d models. I was more concerned about the dual audio but I'm glad the live2d stuff made it in at least.

Flora said:

Well I'll just have to get used to Effie/Nyx/Felicia's voices somehow. The rest aren't terrible, I'm not concerned with what bad voices there are for Birthright characters at the moment but I'm sure there's a few out there.

In other news, they made Elise an adult lmao I guess that was an expected change but I find it hilarious.

Oh and yay about the live2d models. I was more concerned about the dual audio but I'm glad the live2d stuff made it in at least.

no not the loli!

lmao what even is the excuse this time.

Flora said:
So apparently the English version of Fates is 2028 blocks larger, so it looks like dual audio is probably still in.

I'm so used to hearing the Japanese voices that listening to the English ones was strange (especially the ones that just sound way different), I know the option was there in Awakening but wasnt sure if it would be back for this one so that's good.

That is very good, because I really hate that thing they do where a character says something in a textbox, and then the voice-over says something entirely different. Like, the text says "Why yes, I would like a cup of tea", and the audio says "Really?" or "That is interesting", or "I am a hippopotamus".

Switching the voices to a language I don't understand is really great, because then the dissonance doesn't bother me as much.

Also I like the japanese voices.

Flora said:

Never fucking mind. Everything is bad.

Back