Sony Hacking and Interview controversy

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
I'm sure most of you know by now about all the drama going on at Sony. Leaking of movies and personal information, terrorism threats, and just recently The Interview has been entirely scrapped.

The hackers claim to be from North Korea but that is very likely just a diversion. If it for some reason is North Korea, then their terrorism worked. Sony gave in to fear.

What do you guys think of this whole thing?

well if it is terrorism

whats exactly the point of going through sony?

its dumb and they should have called north korea's bluff instead of caving to terrorists

i wasn't really interested in this movie but now i'll probably make sure to watch it if i can in any way because north korea is stupid

and yes, afaik it was north korea who ordered the hacks
Umi Sonoda said:
well if it is terrorism

whats exactly the point of going through sony?
the movie was going to show an assassination of kim jong un

and it was produced by sony

Javelin said:
i wasn't really interested in this movie but now i'll probably make sure to watch it if i can in any way because north korea is stupid
Good luck considering the film has been scrapped. Though I'm pretty sure it was leaked back when the hacking began.

Besides, people said the movie was kinda bad anyway.

GalacticPetey said:
Javelin said:
Good luck considering the film has been scrapped. Though I'm pretty sure it was leaked back when the hacking began.
it'll probably still get a dvd release; if you read the story the reason they weren't releasing it was because theatres were refusing to show it
GalacticPetey said:
yeah but i'll watch it just to thumb my nose at north korea

GalacticPetey said:
Javelin said:

the movie isn't scrapped, it's just not being released to theaters

the movie has already been made; they'll probably just give it an online release

also i think some people have been saying it's hilarious but yeah it doesn't look that great to me

I think the threats of violence against moviegoers are baseless, and that the film is more or less Inglourious Basterds except with a leader currently in office.

team america has possibly the best opening of any movie i have ever seen, and without a doubt the best original song i've ever heard in a movie

speaking of team america, one theater in texas is playing a showing of that instead of the interview, which is pretty great

EDIT: Apparently theaters aren't being allowed to play Team America, either.

My mom told me at the dinner table that it was confirmed to be North Korea behind the attacks. She then went off into a rant about how crazy Kim Jong-Un is.

I don't know where she got the info from.

hadn't the film been talked about for a while before the hacking though
like I definitely remember hearing about this film and wanting to see it ages before the hack happened

Snowzomi Mistletoujou said:
My mom told me at the dinner table that it was confirmed to be North Korea behind the attacks. She then went off into a rant about how crazy Kim Jong-Un is.

I don't know where she got the info from.
the fbi personally confirmed it's north korea behind the attacks

of course the fbi could be lying and this could all be an elaborate set-up to justify a war with north korea. but i don't know why anyone would want that

To force the Koreas to be united under the South Korean government To be fair, it wouldn't really be a war, unless China and/or Russia got involved.

IcicleRain said:
hadn't the film been talked about for a while before the hacking though
like I definitely remember hearing about this film and wanting to see it ages before the hack happened
Yes, it was.

Mario4Ever said:
To force the Koreas to be united under the South Korean government To be fair, it wouldn't really be a war, unless China and/or Russia got involved.
considering china's been kind of unhappy with north korea lately i don't think we'd have to worry about them

china commented on the situation saying essentially how i feel about this situation

hacking is wrong but america shouldn't have made a movie attacking a dictator, no matter what we think of him

i still don't get why north korea couldn't have just asked the us to take it down like "hey obama that movie isn't cool plz stop it" and obama would be like "yeah kk that's cool"

bang, no big controversy

Nabber said:
china commented on the situation saying essentially how i feel about this situation

hacking is wrong but america shouldn't have made a movie attacking a dictator, no matter what we think of him

i still don't get why north korea couldn't have just asked the us to take it down like "hey obama that movie isn't cool plz stop it" and obama would be like "yeah kk that's cool"

bang, no big controversy
That's not how that whole Constitution works

Then you would know that America would never offer up a PHD for you snooty college types

Back