The Official Unofficial Scooby-Doo Thread

Time Turner

You are filled with determination. (R/GD/TT)
Discuss whatever you'd like about the Scooby-Doo series, from the Hanna-Barbera classic to all the movie special to...

Be_Cool%2C_Scooby-Doo%21_character_redesigns.jpg

that. At this point, I'm kind of wondering how the show is still around, regardless of the quality of that. The show was really formulaic, and it kept getting show after show after show with nothing much changed to it.

Scooby-Doo's always been sort of fun on occasion

Though it really gets good when they actually have real monster threats with more stakes then just the villain being just someone in a costume. I have fond memories of Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island which is practically a perfect example. I'd probably have to say that even though it was the first, it was probably the best movie the franchise has period. Cause even though the film seems at first that it's just the Scooby gang trying to survive on an island that's full of Zombies...

The Zombies aren't actually the bad guys

GalacticPetey said:
Jesus, when did this show get so dark.
The show tends to get darker when the monster-of-the-day turns out to be real. Go to around the one-minute mark of this video to see what I'm talking about.

Northern Verve said:
Scooby-Doo's always been sort of fun on occasion

Though it really gets good when they actually have real monster threats with more stakes then just the villain being just someone in a costume. I have fond memories of Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island which is practically a perfect example. I'd probably have to say that even though it was the first, it was probably the best movie the franchise has period. Cause even though the film seems at first that it's just the Scooby gang trying to survive on an island that's full of Zombies...

The Zombies aren't actually the bad guys
I have fond memories of that movie. I honestly don't remember too much about specific scenes, but I remember enjoying myself so much, probably because it was a real threat.

I loved the Where Are You show as a kid, and I enjoyed in everything to What's New Scooby Doo. Haven't watched past that, as others seem kinda bad.

I used to be afraid of the monsters from the original show, the clown is still “creepy” because he currently reminds me of Hypno from Pokemon.

Back