Marioboards Secret Santa 2 (Signups closed)

Re: Marioboards Secret Santa 2

I'm up.

I don't have any strong preferences, but something game-related (preferably through Steam) would be nice.

Driftmas said:
just any online gift card from amazon, etc. send by email (if the person is fine with giving it out), i guess the person could give you their email and they get sent the prepaid card
If it has a voucher code I don't see why not. Just some of them are region locked so be careful.

santanoice said:
Driftmas said:
just any online gift card from amazon, etc. send by email (if the person is fine with giving it out), i guess the person could give you their email and they get sent the prepaid card
If it has a voucher code I don't see why not. Just some of them are region locked so be careful.

yeah this; you should probably find out who you're giving the gift to before you buy anything, so you can make sure it works in their region

So maybe people should put their region in the signup sheet or something to make sure?

edit: Would buying a physical gift card and just giving the recipient the unused code work as well (again, region lock)

Driftmas said:
So maybe people should put their region in the signup sheet or something to make sure?

edit: Would buying a physical gift card and just giving the recipient the unused code work as well (again, region lock)

As long as they're fine with you posting to their address and the code works then I don't see why not.

Also I'm wondering whether it would be worth having two separate lists, one for people who want to send something with real money, and one for people who want to send virtual stuff (drawings and whatnot).

Driftmas said:
Probably would.

confirming

i'll sign up

phew i almost missed it

also i have steam for anyone who would like to know

all pms should be sent out

Got it

i'll be sending out the gifts soon

however, someone was naughty and completely failed to get their gift in for no good reason, so they will most likely be banned from next year's celebrations. if you know you sent in your gift, you're in the clear

Freakworld said:
just kidding people
You got me kinda startled there.

((I remember freaking out because I thought I got it in late, so I sent it in.))

I'm wondering if the person who didn't send it in got me as a recipent. It's probably paranoia striking me hard.

you can say it if you want

i have all the gifts now, they'll be sent out tonight and tomorrow

i've sent most of the gifts out, though i still have a few loose ends to tie up (steam offers, etc.)

also the person on the naughty list (they know who they are) probably won't have to be banned since they got their gift in on christmas at least, but they do need to make sure they're better with deadlines if they sign up next year

Back