Best and Worst Disney sequels

yoshiking14x

Retired
:yoshi: :Don't just “say” their names, explain why as well.

Favorite Disney sequel: Lion King 2
Worst: A tie of The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Pocahontas 2

Lion king 2: It seemed to have a good quality of animation,story, and sound and I liked it since I first saw it. If it was placed after the Lion King I would had believed it was the same film.

Why I did not liked Pocahontas 2:
It was not that interesting and the only good thing was that a 10 foot angry Barack Obama was Pocahonta's Bodyguard. I felt Ms.Magoo and those jesters were out of place for some reason. And the “love thing” was too much to handle. Pardon me if you disagree but it is my problem that I didn't enjoyed it.

Why I did not enjoyed the Hunchback Of Notre Dame 2:
It's only purpose was making Quasimodo a non-bachelor guy.
The villain was not that good and was less threatening than Frollo. It was forcing the aesop of inner beauty in the film way too hard. And alot could had been avoided if the girl told Quasimodo the truth and have Quasi give the villain a piece of his mind and everything else would be okay. My apologies if there is any disagreement here.

Lion King 1 1/2 is really the only one I can tolerate. It had some good laughs and it showed Timon and Pumbaa's side of the story.

I hate Mulan II because Mushu is an asshole throughout the movie.

lion king 2 was a terrible movie, i don't know what you're talking about

Javelin said:
lion king 2 was a terrible movie, i don't know what you're talking about
Well it's not like we have to like the same thing right? :)

Back to topic: I forgot about Mulan 2, that movie had no antagonist and they decided to make Mushu into one and I didn't like this.

Was this movie about Copper joining a band of singing dogs? I thought the little girl was so mean to the Texan(?) and I didn't think it was that funny.

I may actually watch Simba's Pride. I hear it has a suprisingly good villain, almost as good as Scar.

I hate Hunchback II for one sole reason: Phoebus's "Coincidence? I don't think so..." is obviously a watered-down "Coincidence? I think NOT!" I DON'T CARE THAT THE INCREDIBLES CAME OUT LATER IT'S STILL UNACCEPTABLE!

The only good Disney Sequel is The Rescuers Down Under.

Reasoning: The villain is an enjoyable ham. Also I liked the animation and characters. The Relay scene and the Doctor tending to Wilbur being my favorite scenes.

Everything else is just meh to crap. Especially Lion King 2.

Reasoning: It's simply Romeo and Juliet with lions, like how the first one is Hamlet with lions. And I felt Romeo and Juliet is Shakespeare's most overrated work. And I didn't really like Kiara and Kovu very much. I didn't see much Disney's sequels, and Cinderalla 2 was also crap since it's rather predictable in hindsight.

Added reasns because I forget you asked for it.

The Rescuers Down Under was the only Disney sequel not to be made by DisneyToon Studios, instead made by Walt Disney Pictures or whatever the company's name was that made The Rescuers.

Because of this, it's also the only sequel part of the Disney Animated Canon.

I felt that the characters doing rap in The little Mermaid 3 didn't fit in the setting.

Back