Sonic Generations on the 3ds is very underrated

:luigi: does anybody else feel The 3ds version of sonic generations is underated

EDIT: To go back to this topic as an adult, I'll offer my input for the one person who finds this again. Generations 3DS is fine, but doesn't do anything to stand out. Doesn't hold a candle to the HD version.

Last edited:
Nope.

Though that's just my opinion, the stage selection was particularly disappointing, after all there was promise for stages based off handheld games but only 1.5 out of 7 were, and especially considering the amount of Sonic titles on the Game Gear and Game Boy Advance that seems even more pathetic.

And unlike the the console version where there was a 2D Sonic and a 3D Sonic, in the 3DS version there were 2 2D Sonics, one of which is fast and the other being faster, Classic Sonic even gets the Homing Attack as a default move after Mushroom Hill making the differences even less noticable.

I don't hate this game mind you, I think it's a lot better and than Paper Mario: Sticker Star, I like the graphics and music for the most part and Classic Sonic's control I think is closer to the Genesis games than the console versions.

I could go on but my opinion is about on par with SomecallmeJohnny's review.

Eeeeh

I thought Sonic Generations to be generally disappointing, but I prefer the pc/ps3/xbox version over the 3ds one by a lot.

MidnaFreak said:
I thought Sonic Generations to be generally disappointing[...]
Pretty much this. I had such high hopes for Generations at the time it was announced, but it ended up being a total letdown. I'm not saying that the game sucked, I'm just saying that it's not all it was hyped up to be.

SKmarioman said:
Though that's just my opinion, the stage selection was particularly disappointing, after all there was promise for stages based off handheld games but only 1.5 out of 7 were, and especially considering the amount of Sonic titles on the Game Gear and Game Boy Advance that seems even more pathetic.
Yeah, but according to Iizuka, nothing from the Game Gear games were added because they're "[not] of recent memory". What a load of crap. Not only have they gotten re-released on compilations, but they even had Virtual Console releases at the time (those were technically the Master System versions, but still the same games, regardless). What it all boils down to is that he didn't want to include them, plain and simple.

I suppose they might not have included Game Gear stages because not as many people played/know about them compared to the other games. Out of interest are there any memorable game gear Sonic levels? The only game gear Sonic games I've liked that I've played is Sonic Blast and Sonic Triple Trouble but I don't really remember any standout levels in them.

No it's not.

Poor stage choices (next to no handheld stages and full of first stages), only deaths are really cheap, poor boss races, missions are horribly handled and the entire game can be beaten in around 2 hours. It's nothing but a mindless cash in.

The actual Boss Battles were okay though but that's the only good thing.

Back