NNID question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Barchetta

Talk less, smile more.
So I have a question about the NNID and I think I know the answer but I want to make sure: I have different NNIDs on my Wii U and on my 3DS, but I would like to connect my consoles. I have stuff on my 3DS that I don't want to lose, between game files and Virtual Console games, that I'm pretty sure I would lose if I deleted my NNID on the 3DS. I'm completely fine with getting rid of the NNID on the Wii U because I think the only thing that would be lost is my save file for 3D World, which I'm fine with losing because I can just play through it again. But I have to delete the NNID that I have on one of the consoles in order to re-do it on that console and make them the same and connect them, right?

Sorry if that doesn't make sense tooooo. I'm bad at explaining stufffff.

Just click on your Mii face on the top-left corner of the Wii U GamePad, and unlink the NNID.

I don't personally know how to delete a NNID, I'm sure Google will help you out.

This may not be as accurate as you have liked, I don't have access to my Wii U at the moment.

I have looked a little into it.

From what I see from it, if you linked a NNID to a 3DS, you can for some reason only unlink it by completely removing the NNID and therewith all content bought with it. (Fancy warning sound effect though.)

On the Wii U, you for some reason are not able to delete your NNID, but you can register another NNID to it and unlink another, without data getting lost.

So to make a long story short, if you want to use one NNID on both and are currently different, register the one on your 3DS on your Wii U and leave the 3DS as is.

I had no idea about the Wii U being able to register multiple NNIDs, that's actually great and it worked out perfectly because I didn't have to lose anything among my 3DS and Wii U and I was able to link my NNIDs up. So that was perfect, LTQ, thank you sooo much, and thank you Stargazing for the help too, I really really appreciate it from the both of youuu.

This can be locked now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back