I've just been nominated for the ALS Ice Bucket challenge!

IcicleRain said:
Tuxedo Ridley said:
32-water freezes, 212-water boils. Simple enough.

no
no it's not
those are completely random numbers
Fine. 0-really cold, 100-really hot. See? Not so different.

Alright, fine, we'll just call it "too hot to be very comfortable for a human being but only about half as hot as the temperature to boil water".

Hence why it's "only about half", not "half".

In Fahrenheit, 0 is the temperature at which salt won't melt ice.

For 100, Fahrenheit took the temperature of a man's mouth.

Guys, Kelvin is the master race of temperature.

Rankine master race

i only use the original celsius scale where 0 is the boiling point of water and 100 is the freezing point

anyone who does anything else is stupid and most likely demonically possessed

by a particularly ugly and smelly demon

Today is the day... And it's typical British weather, cloudy. I'm looking forward to this and nervous at the same time. My brothers and my dad are at paintball so they won't be back until after 3PM. That's when we will do this. Bring it on!

Shoutmon said:
anyone who does anything else is [...] most likely demonically possessed
Damn, they're on to me. Alright then, I'll have to eat your soul now.

Welp... My bros and dad are back, they said we will be doing the Bucket challenge soon! :shifty:
It's time...

i'm a computer program, i have no soul

I did the challenge and it was cold, but at least I did it. I think I was the only one who didn't walk away from the water when it got poured on us. As a little treat, we also nominated our dog to do it too. ;D

We are going to donate to ALS now for this 'wonderful' challenge.

Afterstormer said:
I did the challenge and it was cold, but at least I did it. I think I was the only one who didn't walk away from the water when it got poured on us. As a little treat, we also nominated our dog to do it too. ;D

you realise this could do way more harm than good, right
dogs are far more sensitive to body temperature, so if it's not some sort of snowy breed it could very well get too cold
also shocks can give more timid dogs heart attacks, especially when paired with the cold

IcicleRain said:
Afterstormer said:

you realise this could do way more harm than good, right
dogs are far more sensitive to body temperature, so if it's not some sort of snowy breed it could very well get too cold
also shocks can give more timid dogs heart attacks, especially when paired with the cold

We only did a small amount, from a low height, and a slow process to not make him too cold.

Back