ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

I saw Triple H(Motorhead shared it on fb), Eddie Veddar(Pearl Jam), Mr. Creepy Pasta, and iMustDestroyAll take this challenge

Most of the people I see do it aren't even playing it right which is just kind of sad, honestly.

But nobody beat's Julie Chen's ice bucket challenge <3

My school friend did it's on his Facebook.

Mario4Ever said:
I thought it was $100.

If you don't do the water thing
If you do it's $10.

supermariofan said:
No, but it's not like I'll get sued if I don't

So you didn't actually do the als challenge at all, you just dumped a bucket of water over your head to try and follow the trend.

IcicleRain said:
Mario4Ever said:
I thought it was $100.

If you do it's $10.

supermariofan said:
No, but it's not like I'll get sued if I don't

So you didn't actually do the als challenge at all, you just dumped a bucket of water over your head to try and follow the trend.
It's for fun though, besides there's a lot of people who probably didn't donate, the President didn't do shit!

supermariofan said:
It's for fun though, besides there's a lot of people who probably didn't donate, the President didn't do shit!

Then don't try and say you're helping people with als.

i've not watched the video b/c i'm too lazy but did say in the OP that you partook in the challenge

IcicleRain said:
Mario4Ever said:
I thought it was $100.

If you do it's $10.

See, this is something I don't like about this whole 'nomination' form of charity. You're basically forcing people to do something they might not be comfortable in doing (much less so with this, but with stuff like "No-Makeup Selfies" and the other stuff that kept going around Facebook a while back, a lot more so). And if you don't do it there's some consequence (in this case, donating $100). Also, while it's good that the charities keep getting money, I don't think people essentially forcing other people to donate is the right way to go about it.

That said, again, it's always good to raise awareness of things, especially by doing something fun or interesting.

Hilary Briss said:
IcicleRain said:
Mario4Ever said:
I thought it was $100.

If you do it's $10.

See, this is something I don't like about this whole 'nomination' form of charity. You're basically forcing people to do something they might not be comfortable in doing (much less so with this, but with stuff like "No-Makeup Selfies" and the other stuff that kept going around Facebook a while back, a lot more so). And if you don't do it there's some consequence (in this case, donating $100). Also, while it's good that the charities keep getting money, I don't think people essentially forcing other people to donate is the right way to go about it.

That said, again, it's always good to raise awareness of things, especially by doing something fun or interesting.

I've been nominated by a bunch a people
I essentially told them all to fuck off
It's not really being forced

IcicleRain said:
Hilary Briss said:
IcicleRain said:
Mario4Ever said:
I thought it was $100.

If you do it's $10.

I essentially told them all to *bleep* off
It's not like there's a law saying you can't join without donating you can still do it, it's fun...it's pretty cold but still fun

supermariofan said:
IcicleRain said:
Hilary Briss said:
IcicleRain said:
Mario4Ever said:
I thought it was $100.

If you do it's $10.

It's not like there's a law saying you can't join without donating you can still do it, it's fun...it's pretty cold but still fun

granted, but it is still a pretty dickish thing to do

supermariofan said:
IcicleRain said:

see if I join without donating I'm not helping als
so instead of mentioning the challenge I'd just curse out a couple of people and then get on with it
don't use others' misfortune just to get likes

unless it's a fail video on youtube of course

IcicleRain said:

I'd agree that this one isn't.

also the ability to tell people to fuck off doesn't come naturally to everyone, so, uh....go away?

Hilary Briss said:
IcicleRain said:

I'd agree that this one isn't.

also the ability to tell people to fuck off doesn't come naturally to everyone, so, uh....go away?

what
but mcd I'm contributing to the thread why do you want me to leave

i crossed that part out ages ago get with the times 8)

are you trying to ruin my joke :'(

I did the Ice Challenge but we still donate $50 because my grandmother died of it.

Many people haven't really heard of ALS before this to my knowledge (I could be wrong). It's nice that more attention is being brought towards it, even if it means getting soaked. ALS is a serious disease.

Back