The Lego games

I have played the first LEGO Batman and Star Wars the complete saga, and I'll get LEGO Jurassic World on Monday.

I remember that I used Man-Bat the most when I played LEGO Batman, and that game was really fun.

I think LEGO Star Wars is the better of the two though, and my favorite characters there are IG-88 and Count Dooku. It's a shame that IG-88 can't pull levers.

I'm hoping that LEGO Jurassic World will blow me away, just like the other two did when I was younger.

Grunty Industries said:
I have played the first LEGO Batman and Star Wars the complete saga, and I'll get LEGO Jurassic World on Monday.

I remember that I used Man-Bat the most when I played LEGO Batman, and that game was really fun.

I think LEGO Star Wars is the better of the two though, and my favorite characters there are IG-88 and Count Dooku. It's a shame that IG-88 can't pull levers.

I'm hoping that LEGO Jurassic World will blow me away, just like the other two did when I was younger.

Lego Jurassic World's pretty cool. You actually have like complete hubworlds for all the currently released Jurassic Park movies. So you can actually take a drive/walk around the park from the first film, the more wild areas from Lost World and JPIII, and of course the more completed theme park of Jurassic World

Oh and after collecting Amber things in each of the main levels. You can customize, color, and/or even make your own hybrids of some Dinosaurs to play as in Areas you can play as the Dinos. (THere are some smaller dinos that can go everywhere the human characters can, but there are some large ones you can only play in certain areas. The biggest Dinosaur you can be is a Brachiosaurus.)

Grunty Industries said:
Is the Compsognathus playable? Furthermore, can you also customize human characters?

Yes to both.

In fact some levels have specific tubes of which only Compys can fit through for either required progression or for bonus stuff when replaying in Free Mode

I got Dimensions, and as cool as all the different worlds are, it's the Wii U version, meaning I'll have to get an external hard drive or else the upcoming waves won't work with my game. That being said, the many different worlds are still pretty cool. The next ones I'll be hoping for are Peanuts, Gilligan's Island, Sesame Street, and Mad Magazine. I figure those are pretty safe bets since Warner Bros. owns the rights to all of them in some form.

Edit: One more bet: WWE world and/or figures

I used to have lego harry potter years 1-4 and had collected everything in it but due to a glitch I couldnt get one of the gold bricks and the game remained forever unfinished and I remember being quite upset I couldnt get all of the achievements because of it.

years later the glitch was patched out and I didnt know about it until recently so about two weeks back I purchased the remastered collection for ps4 and clocked the game last night so I guess that's that part of my childhood fuckin redeemed

Yoshidude99 said:
Talk about the Lego games here. I have most of them except for the Harry Potter and City games. They're fun both in single player and with others and can be funny. My favourite is Lego Star Wars 2.

Star Wars the Complete Saga was a part of my childhood. I got every character in the game and beat every chapter. I still have achievements and I would do them, but I do not know where the CD is. Other than that, I hated most of the LEGO games. Dimensions looks fun, but it is expensive and I do not have a system for it.

I remember when I was younger that I was unable to unlock IG-88, and when I finally unlocked him a few years ago, he instantly became my favorite because of how good he was.

i played lego star wars 2, 3 and lego harry potter years 1-4

i almost 100% completed lego star wars 2 once, was only missing 1 minikit and i also knew how to get it (blast everything in the hoth flying level) but didnt for whatever reason. problem my version of that game had unfortunately was that it froze a lot (ps2 version, my ps2 is broken anyways now so lol).

i played the 3ds version of lego stars wars 3 and also 100%ed it, was meh though i dont recommend that port, also not if you didnt watch the clone wars series (which i did thankfully).

i 100%ed lego harry potter 1-4 once (only used the money cheat late game so i could buy the last necessary costumes/items etc. for 100% because i didnt want to farm money for ages), and that final level you unlock when you have literally every gold brick was worth it. not gonna spoil what it is but it was a pleasant surprise.

wouldve played more but damn these games are time consuming if you want to get everything

Cid Highwind said:
i 100%ed lego harry potter 1-4 once (only used the money cheat late game so i could buy the last necessary costumes/items etc. for 100% because i didnt want to farm money for ages), and that final level you unlock when you have literally every gold brick was worth it. not gonna spoil what it is but it was a pleasant surprise.
idk it was whelming but at least i got to experience it after 5 years of salt for not being able to in my original copy

I've now almost finished Lego Jurassic World completely, and I think it is a really good game.

I thought the map was hard to navigate at first, but I got used to it pretty quickly. I also love being able to play as either a Compsognathus, Baryonyx or a Spinosaurus and I also think the abilities some of the dinosaurs had were pretty good as well. The dinosaur customisation feature was also really good, as it allowed me to recreate some other dinosaurs who aren't playable like Ouranosaurus and Shunosaurus.

All of the overworlds were pretty well-designed, and the music was also quite good though it became quite repetitive in the overworlds. The music that plays in the Spinosaurus vs T. rex level is fantastic, but I haven't found it ripped in high quality anywhere on the internet yet.

The only things I think are missing from this game are a playable Deinocheirus, Therizinosaurus and Gigantoraptor. All in all, I think this game has a slight edge over Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga.

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
The only things I think are missing from this game are a playable Deinocheirus, Therizinosaurus and Gigantoraptor.

None of those dinos appeared and/or played a huge role in any of the Jurassic Park movies. So I think it's understandable. There are a few dinos they had playable that weren't big in JP movies like Baryonx (Though that's literally just Spinosaurus without a sail) but otherwise it was more imperative to include the dinosaurs that were prominent somewhere in the films.

Troodon is just a smaller Gallimimus, even though the two are unrelated in real life, unlike Baryonyx and Spinosaurus. The Baryonyx is inaccurately sized however, being as big as the Spinosaurus in-game when in reality it's this big.

baryonyx-size.jpg

Spinosaurus-size.jpg

Also, Baryonyx was originally going to be the main villain of Jurassic Park III before being replaced by Spinosaurus.

Back